Topeka

Y/n's POV

Falling asleep that night was difficult. After the day's adventures, I thought it'd be easy, seeing as it had been a long day. Instead, my mind wouldn't shut down, and all I could think about was the day's events. Except it only seemed to be the bad ones. The memories of having an argument with Percy and seeing Nemesis disguised as my mother plagued my thoughts, and I tossed and turned for a few hours before finally, I was able to get some sleep.

"Y/n," Leo called out and knocked on my door. "We're landing?"

I groaned and sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "Already?" Leo then opened the door and poked his head inside. He had his hand over his eyes, but it would've been a nice gesture if he hadn't been peeking through his fingers.

"You decent?" Leo asked.

"Well I think you'd know if I was naked seeing as you're looking through your fingers," I reply and throw a pillow at him.

Leo scoffed playfully. "What? Me looking through my fingers? Never!"

I laughed. "Get out of here so I can get dressed. And leave the pillow." Once Leo had left me by myself, I changed into a camo print t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and pulled on my combat boots. On the way up to the deck, I stopped in the mess hall and grabbed some bacon, finishing it before I even reached the stairs. I guess not really eating dinner last night wasn't the best idea.

"So," Annabeth started and pushed away from the side of the ship where she was standing next to Percy. "What are we doing in Topeka?"

"I want to check out the highway and find the sign that says Topeka 32," Piper answered. "In my knife I saw a man standing by that sign wearing purple clothes and some weird hat with vines on it."

"Purple shirt and vines on his hat? Sounds like Bacchus," Jason figured.

"Dionysus? If we came all the way to Kansas to see Mr. D.-"

Jason cut Percy off. "Bacchus isn't so bad. He helps Roman demigods a lot if they know how to ask."

"Lets just hope we don't run into his followers. I don't like them very much," I confess. While building the Argo II, the maenads almost tore Jason, Piper, Leo, and I to pieces. That wasn't a memory I was too keen on experiencing again.

"Well, you guys have fun with that. I've got to finish repairs on the hull. Coach Hedge is going to be working on the broken crossbows. And Annabeth, I could really use your help," Leo requested. "You're the only other person who even sort of understands engineering."

"Sure. I'll stay," Annabeth agreed.

"I think I should turn into a crow or something and fly around to keep an eye out for the Roman eagles," Frank proposed.

Leo frowned. "Why a crow? Man if you could turn into a dragon, then turn into one every time. That's the coolest."

"That's like asking why you don't bench press your maximum weight every time you lift," Frank pointed out. "Because its hard and you'd hurt yourself."

"Oh," Leo murmured. "I wouldn't know. I don't lift weights."

"Well maybe you should consider it Mr.-"

"I'll help you Frank," Hazel interjected. "I can ride Arion on the ground."

"That leaves, me, Piper, Y/n, and Percy to head to the mile marker," Jason noted. "We should probably get going as soon as possible."

"Okay. Let me just grab my bow from my room and then we can get going," I say. It only took a minute or two for me to grab my bow and quiver, and before I knew it, the four of us were getting ready to leave.