Aeolus' Domain

Y/n's POV

The Hunters were kind enough to give us each a coat and hot chocolate, which did wonders for me. The temperature outside was not friendly at all, and I needed the warmth. The silvery coats were really light, making it easy to trek up the mountainside. Thalia was the only Hunter who came with us, saying that she'd lead us there before going back to join her girls. While Piper, Coach Hedge, and Thalia stayed up ahead, I fell back a little bit, and it wasn't long before Jason and Leo joined me.

"So," Jason started. "About what happened back in the cave."

"Yeah. Sorry for ranting," I apologize and shove my hands into the pockets of my jacket. "It happens when I get stressed."

"I didn't mind," Leo confessed. "It was nice getting to hear about Percy. All I've ever heard anyone say is that he's a hero who saved everyone. You gave us the other side of him that we hadn't heard about yet. He seems like a great guy. I can't wait to meet him."

"And I can't wait to see him," I add. "For as long as I've known Percy, he's taken his whole as my half-brother very seriously. He's practically my guardian, if that makes sense. He can be a little overprotective at times, but that's just him trying to watch out for me. When he arrived at Camp Half Blood, my life instantly got better. I got to be like all of the other cabins, you know? I wasn't alone anymore. I honestly don't know what I'd do or where I'd be without him."

When we arrived at the top of the mountain, I saw Aeolus' palace sitting a few feet away from the peak. The building was massive with a purple glowing base that reflected beautifully against the sky. For a few seconds, all of us just stared up at the large building, admiring it, but Jason broke the silence.

"Wow. That place is huge," Jason commented.

I laughed. "You should see Olympus."

"You've seen Olympus?" Jason asked.

"Yep," I reply. "Many, many times. Now, how are we supposed to get up there."

"I think that bridge is the only way," Thalia spoke and pointed out in front of us.

I frowned. "Bridge? What bridge?" It was then that my eyes adjusted, and I saw a narrow bridge made of ice spanning the gap between the mountain and the palace. Except it wasn't exactly ice. As the wind changed directions, the bridge snaked and altered it's shape, even breaking apart in some places to reveal a vapor trail. My face paled, even though I was extremely warm, and I could feel the fear enter my body. "Oh Hades no."

"Still afraid of heights?" Thalia questioned.

"Yeah. Deathly. You?" I counter.

Thalia nodded. "Yep."

"Wait a second," Leo interjected. "You're afraid of heights? But you're a daughter of Zeus, lord of the sky."

"Ironic, right," Thalia joked. "So, who's going first?" Hedge didn't hesitate and leapt onto the bridge, which surprisingly held him weight.

"Come on, Piper. Lets go," Hedge urged and tugged her along. When the rest of us were halfway up the bridge, things went wrong. 

"Why do they have a bridge?" Leo quizzed. "Can't they just fly up there?" 

"Yes, but sometimes they need a way to connect to the world below. The wind spirits don't like to anchor to the earth, but sometimes it's necessary. Like now. They know you're coming," Thalia explained. For a moment, Leo stopped, and it looked like his mind was moving a mile a minute.

"Leo? What are you thinking?" Jason inquired. 

"Oh, gods," Thalia mumbled. "Keep moving. Look at your feet." I looked down at where Leo was standing, and his feet were smoking, causing the ice to thin.