Entering Greece

Y/n's POV

We were approaching Greece fast, which meant we were getting closer to the House of Hades. And closer to rescuing Annabeth and Percy. Frank and I had just finished fighting off some harpies that were attacking the ship, the two of us combing our different skills to finish them off. While Frank shot at the monsters with my bow, I froze them in blocks of ice and sent them sprawling into the ocean. My arms were coated with sweat from the fight, partly due to the physicality, but also because the air was hot.

"Hot and steamy. Just like the Gulf Coast. I'm missing Texas already," Leo commented as the two of us stood at the front of them helm. 

"Seriously? You like this kind of weather? I honestly prefer the cold, although that could just be my inner Chicagoan talking," I say.

"Really? But winter there is brutal," Leo pointed out.

"I know," I agree. "There's just something about it though that makes it special. I can't really explain it. Speaking of explanations, are you ever gonna tell me where Khione sent you? I don't mean to push, it's just that you seem a little different now. Not that it's a bad thing. I just want to make sure you're okay."

"You're right. You do deserve an explanation. I uh, I was sent to Ogygia, the island where Calypso lives," Leo told me.

"Oh," I murmur, my face dropping a little. "In order to get off of her island though, she needs to fall in love with you. That's her curse. Everyone she loves gets taken away from her. Did you guys...?"

"No," Leo replied immediately. "Nothing happened between the two of us. I swear on the River Styx. When I told her about you, about us, Calypso said it sounded like true love. The reason she helped me get off the island was because she saw how much I missed you. Plus, when I told her about your curse, that made her want to help even more. She said that she knew how it felt to be cursed by the gods, and she didn't want anyone else to experience the consequences of it like she does."

"You don't know how happy I am to hear you say that," I breathe out and hug him. "Thank you for telling me. If I ever get to meet her, even though it's highly unlikely, I'll have to tell her how grateful I am for what she's done. After all, she did help get my boyfriend back to me."

"There!" Nico shouted at pointed ahead. "Maneuver us that way. We're very close to the temple now." Leo followed Nico's orders and turned the ship. As he did, lightning ripped through the sky, making the hairs on my arm stand up. 

"Everyone, arm yourself," Jason ordered. "Leo, get us close, but don't land. We don't need any more contact with the ground than necessary. Piper, Hazel, get the mooring ropes. Frank, get below and find Coach Hedge." A few minutes later, everyone was on deck readying themselves for when we landed. As I was making sure I had everything I needed, Leo pulled me over to where he was standing with Hazel and Frank.

"Okay, here's the plan. I need that piece of magic firewood," Leo requested. 

"What? Leo, whatever game you're playing, it isn't funny," I lecture.

"I found a solution," Leo insisted and turned to Frank. "It's all up to you though. Just know that I might have something that can protect you." 

"Go ahead, Hazel," Frank urged. Hazel hesitated, but handed Leo the piece of firewood. I had never seen Frank's life source before. One side of it was already charred, but other than that, it looked okay. Leo then produced a white pouch from his toolbelt and slipped the firewood inside of it, pulling the drawstring top close.

"This is a pouch woven from seriously cool fabric. A gift from a friend of mine. The drawstring was my idea though," Leo put forth. "It took some work, lacing that into the fabric, but the pouch won't open unless you want it to. The fabric breathes just like regular cloth, so the firewood isn't any more sealed up than it would be in Hazel's coat pocket."