Twin Giants

Y/n's POV

Being back on the Argo II relieved me of some anxiety, but I was still freaking out, especially since the others weren't there. Coach Hedge was the only one on the ship.

"Coach, please tell me you know where they went," I plead.

Hedge shook his head. "Sorry. All I know is that they went to find the Giants."

I cursed. "They went alone? That's crazy. I have to find them."

"Y/n, they could be anywhere," Frank spoke.

"I know it may sound crazy, but Percy and I have a connection," I disclose to them.

Hazel tilted her head to the side. "You're not making any sense."

"Wait a second. You have an empathy link," Hedge realized. "I've never heard of one being between two humans."

"An empathy link! Of course!" Leo chirped. "When we first met, you had a terrible headache, but you said you were okay and that it was Percy that was hurt."

"Yeah. We got it when we rescued Pan," I reveal. "That's a story for another time though. The point is, I can find Percy and the others."

"Go!" Leo urged. "We'll find a way to you guys. Just don't get hurt, okay?"

"I'll try not to," I breathe out and lean over to kiss him quickly, but passionately.

With that, I climbed off the boat, and as soon as I got into town, I stopped to focus. I cleared my head of everything and just concentrated on Percy. It took a second, but I was finally able to pinpoint his location. When I got to the forum, I found the well that Gaea had showed us in the mirror. I descended the steps quickly, and on the other side of the circular room there was a door, but it looked like it was fading quickly. I pushed myself through the door and followed the pipeline deeper into the city. Finally, I entered a large storage area, and up ahead were Jason, Percy, and Piper.

Percy frowned. "Y/n, how'd you get here? More importantly, what are you doing here?"

"We've got an empathy link, remember?" I remind him. "And I'm here to help you guys. The others are brining the ship. I don't know how they'll find us, but that's not the point. Nico's in that jar over there. We've got to save him."

"But you won't," Ephialtes opposed and appeared, his brother Otis right behind him. "I fear he's past his expiration date. Otis, if you will." On cue, Otis tipped over the large bronze jar, and Nico spilled out. He never looked healthy because of his normal pale skin tone and slightly too-skinny frame, but now he looked even worse. His olive skin was too pale to be considered okay, and he looked like he had been starved for weeks, which he had been. I wanted to rush to my friend's aid, but with the twins in front of us, I couldn't. "This spectacle will be huge. The Romans always wanted bread and circuses, and as we destroy their city, I will offer them both. Behold, a sample!"

From above us, something dropped from the ceiling and landed at Percy's feet. Percy reached out and touched it with the tip of his shoe, but nothing happened. He then squinted at the packaging, the red and yellow dots standing out against the white backdrop.

"Wonder bread?" Percy questioned.

"Magnificent, yes?" Otis pushed.

"Maybe you should bring our other friends here," Percy proposed. "You know, the more deaths the merrier, right?"

"No," Ephialtes declined. "It's too late. The four of you will die in agony up above, where all the gods and mortals can watch. But that's just the opening ceremony! In the old days, games went on for days or weeks. Our spectacle will go on for one full month until Gaea awakens. August 1st is the best date to destroy all humanity."

My eyes gravitated back to Nico, who was still on the ground behind the giants. Thankfully, he had started to crawl away, but he kept groaning, which could possibly draw the giants' attention. I wanted him to move faster, but after everything he had been through, I knew that was a hard wish to hope for.

"What if we refuse to cooperate?" Jason asked.

Ephialtes laughed. "Well you can't kill us. You don't have a god on your side."

"I'm getting tired of this guy's shirt," Percy commented.

I nodded and summoned my sword. "Yeah. I agree. Lets kick some giant butt."

While Percy and Jason charged the giants, Piper and I made a beeline for Nico, who was now surrounded by leopards. It took leaping across fiery pits to get to him, but we did it. To get rid of the leopards, Piper shot pot roasts from her cornucopia, and they all chased after the meat. The two of us then stood guard in front of Nico, keeping all sorts of creatures at bay. Across the room, and explosion sounded, and the ceiling above us shook. Sandbags began to rain down on top of us, and while trying to protect Nico, a sandbag fell onto Piper's shoulder.

"Piper!" Jason shouted and ran towards her, completely forgetting about Otis, who aimed a spear directly at his back.

"Jason, look out!" I warn. Jason rolled out of the way just in time, and the spear sailed over his head. And using the wind, Jason sent the spear at Ephialtes, impaling him in the side. I turned my attention back to Piper and Nico, doing the best I could to help the both of us, but I couldn't do much, so instead I charged the giants with Percy and Jason. Ephialtes smacked Percy against the chest with the butt of his spear, sending him flying, and Jason and I stood in front of his with our swords raised.

"You're both dead!" Percy grumbled and climbed to his feet. "I don't care if we have a god on our side or not!"

"That's a shame," someone spoke. Above us, a platform lowered from the ceiling, and standing atop of it was Bacchus. He was holding a pinecone topped staff, a purple shirt, khaki shorts, and sandals with white socks. No one could pull of that look, but Bacchus did it surprisingly well. "I would hate to think I made a special trip for nothing."