Reaching the Mediterranean

Y/n's POV

Doing chores around the Argo II took all day, but I didn't quite mind. I helped Leo repair everything on the top deck, including the mast and all of the oars. It was nice getting to spend some alone time with Leo, but by the time we finished, I was so exhausted that I headed to bed and passed out.

I was woken up the next morning to a blaring ship horn, which booted me out of bed. When I stumbled onto the deck, I only had one of two combat boots on, and I wasn't wearing a sock with it. My shirt was also on backwards, and one of my pantlegs was pushed halfway up my calf. I wasn't the only one in disarray though. Percy had on pajama pants and a bronze breastplate, and Hazel's hair was blown to one side. Then there was Leo, whose t-shirt was peppered with holes. His arms were also smoking, a sign that he had recently caught fire. A large cruise ship then passed us, and all the passengers waved as they went by.

I groaned. "Seriously? This is what the noise was? I thought we were under attack!"

"Nope," Percy said. "Just some friendly tourists. Nice outfit tough. I'm really digging the one shoe look. And I think you pull off the backwards shirt look quite nicely."

"Thank you. Nice chest plate," I retort. "You look very demigodly."

"I look good too," Leo butt in.

"You're very cute," I confirm. "Or should I say smoking hot?"

"Please stop," Percy begged.

"Well you're very sex-sea," Leo joked.

"I'm done," Percy declared and walked to the other side of the deck.

"Oh I love us. We're the perfect couple," Leo admitted and pressed a kiss to my head.

"Wow," Annabeth let out. "Look over there. It's the Rock of Gibraltar. That must mean we're at the tip of Spain. And over there must be Africa. We're at the mouth of the Mediterranean." Up ahead, an island shimmered into existence, and on the shore was a dark haired man in purple robes, his arms crossed against his chest.

"Hercules," Jason exhaled. "The most powerful demigod of all time."

"I can turn, or we can take off," Leo proposed. "The stabilizers are working again, but I need to know quickly what we want to do."

"We have to keep going," Annabeth insisted. "Plus, won't Hercules be on our side? He is one of us."

"He was a son of Zeus," Jason corrected. "But when he died, he became a god. You can never be sure with gods."

"How about we send ambassadors ashore," Annabeth suggested. "A small group of one or two at most. Try to talk with him."

"I'll go," Jason offered. "He's a son of Zeus. I'm the son of Jupiter. Maybe he'll be friendly to me."

"Or maybe he'll hate you," Percy put forth. "Half brothers don't always get along."

"It's worth a shot," Annabeth interjected. "At least Jason and Hercules have something in common. And we need our best diplomat. Somebody who's good with words." In unison, all of us turned towards Piper. The second she noticed we were all staring, her face fell.

"Ugh. Fine," Piper groaned. "Just let me change."

...................................................

"I feel like I haven't been able to relax in ages," I confess and plop down onto my bed.

"Same here," Leo agreed and took a seat on the edge of my mattress. "What should we do?"

"I'm not too sure," I answer. "We could find something silly to do if you want."

"Or we could talk," Leo preferred. "How come you never told me I was dating royalty?"