Arriving in Athens

Y/n's POV

Back on the Argo II, we all gathered in the mess hall to fill in the rest of the crew. Everyone sat at the dining table eating dinner, and tonight, I was eating a hamburger and fries. We placed the physician's cure in the middle of the table and explained to everyone what happened.

"Any of us might die, right? So we just need to keep the potion handy," Percy declared.

"Assuming only one of us dies," Jason pointed out. "There's only one dose."

"We don't need to think about that," I interject. "And lets just hope that no one dies.

"Well, in case someone does, we'll need a designated medic to carry the potion. Somebody who can react quickly and heal whoever gets killed," Piper stated.

"Good idea, Beauty Queen. I nominate you," Leo put froth.

Piper frowned. "What? But Annabeth is wiser. Hazel can move faster on Arion. Frank can turn into animals. Anyone would be better than me."

"But you've got heart," Annabeth brought up. "Leo's right. When the time comes, you'll know what to do."

"Yeah," Jason agreed. "I have a feeling you're the best choice, Pipes." Leo picked up the vial, wrapped it up in a cloth, and then handed it to Piper.

"Okay, then. We'll be in Athens tomorrow morning, gang. Be ready to fight some giants," Leo announced.

"Yeah. I know I'll sleep well," Frank murmured. Everyone went their separate ways, and when I got back to my room, I changed into some pajamas and got into bed. Minutes after I did, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I call out. The door opened, and Leo entered my room, clad in a white t-shirt and some flannel pajama pants.

"Hey," Leo greeted. "Mind if I stay with you tonight?"

"Not at all," I reply and scoot over to give him some room. Leo walked over and climbed into bed next to me, pulling the blanket over the both of us. As I laid my head on his chest, he draped his arm over my waist. For a few seconds, we laid in silence, but Leo soon spoke up.

"Y/n, whatever happens tomorrow is probably gonna be out of our hands, so I just want you to know that I love you," Leo told me.

"Leo, nothing's gonna happen to you. You're gonna be okay," I assure him and lean up to press a quick kiss to his lips. "More importantly, everyone's gonna be okay. No one's going to die on my watch. But I love you too. Always and forever."

"Right. Always and forever," Leo mumbled.

"Actually, there's something else I should tell you," I start. "It's nothing bad, I swear. When I was 13, Aphrodite told Percy to tell me that I would be facing some really severe hardships due to love, but I shouldn't worry because the right guy would come shortly after. A pairing she's been waiting centuries for. At first I thought the hardship she was talking about was when we lost my friends Bianca and Zoe on our quest, and to top things all off, I thought Luke, who I loved like a brother, was dead. Shortly after that I met Nathan, who I'm sure you've asked around about. He was really sweet, but then he switched sides in the war and ended up stabbing me during the Battle of Manhattan. Anyways, not even a year after that, I met you."

Leo raised his eyebrows. "So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying I think you're the guy. The guy Aphrodite has been waiting for me to meet and fall in love with. During my quest to explore the labyrinth, I met your dad, and he told me I would get along really well with a son of his who I hadn't met yet. Apparently a lot of the gods were counting on it. That has to include Aphrodite, who gave me the warning about my love life in the first place. Plus, Cupid told me you and I were one of his favorite pairings of the century," I explain. "Why would all of them tell me that stuff if one of us was just gonna die? It doesn't make sense. We belong together, Leo. I'm sure of it."