Fort Sumter

Y/n's POV

That night, I had a pretty good sleep. I didn't have any nightmares at all, and I slept through the night. And while that was all great, waking up to Leo kissing my neck was just as nice.

"Leo," I whine sleepily. "Stop it. That tickles." 

"I needed you awake to say goodbye. Jason, Frank, and I are about to leave to go check out the warship," Leo spoke.

"All right. Goodbye," I murmur and snuggle back into my blankets. 

"That's it? Not even a kiss? That won't work," Leo told me and threw my blanket aside.

"Leo!" I shriek as he jumped on top of me. "Come on. It's cold in here."

"How about now?" Leo quizzed and used his powers to warm up his body temperature. His body heat radiated onto me, and I pulled him closer to me to make myself even warmer.

"Well now I don't want you to leave," I confess.

"But I have to," Leo reminded me and leaned down to press a kiss to my lips. "I'll be back before sunset." A few minutes after Leo left, the girls stopped by to say their goodbyes, and once they left, Percy, Coach Hedge, and I were the only ones left on the ship. After grabbing a bagel from the mess hall, I approached Coach Hedge's room and knocked on the door. From my side of the door, I could hear a movie playing.

"Coach? Are you up?" I question. 

"You bet," Coach Hedge confirmed and opened the door. "I'm just watching a Chuck Norris film. What's up?" 

"I just wanted to tell you that everyone else is gone," I respond. "It's just you, me, and Percy on the ship. So I'll be up on the deck if you need anything." 

"All right cupcake. I'll be up there after my movie," Hedge said. Up on the deck, Percy and I relaxed against the railings and stared out at the water. From where we were docked against the Charleston port, I could see Fort Sumter out in the distance, the island standing out immensely against the light blue waves.

"Want to play iSpy to pass the time?" Percy inquired and turned to me.

I smiled. "Sure. But just so you know, I won't play easy." A few hours later, the girls returned, and they shared what happened in town. Aphrodite, who was the ghost, told them that the map was indeed inside of Fort Sumter. They also said they encountered some Romans, which meant they had caught up to us. 

"Jason said he was on his way here," Piper disclosed. 

"There," I notice and point to the sky. Frank was a bald eagle holding Leo in his claws, and Jason was riding the winds right behind them. However, a Roman chariot was getting a bit close, and Hedge manned the ballista. A well placed shot exploded over the Romans' heads, but it also burned Frank's wing and sent him and Leo spiraling towards the fort. The chariot then slammed into Jason, who fell and tried to catch Leo, but disappeared out of view.

"Y/n, I need you to come with me," Annabeth requested. "While I search for the map, you can help the guys get back to the boat." With that, Annabeth took control of the ship and gunned it towards Fort Sumter. As soon as we arrived, Annabeth hugged me. "Be safe. I'll be back shortly." 

The two of us then split up, and I ran deep into the fort. None of the boys were together, but they were in relative proximity of each other. Leo was blasting fire at the giant eagles approaching the fort, Frank had turned into an elephant and was scattering the Roman warriors, and Jason was battling a demigod whose lips were stained a deep red.

"Sorry about this," I apologize to the demigod and slam the hilt of my sword onto his head. The boy crumpled, and I stepped over his body to reach Jason. "Get Frank and Leo. We've got to get out of here."

"What about the map?" Jason implored. 

"Annabeth is finding it. Now let's go," I urge. Once we grabbed Frank and Leo, we tried to find a way out of the fort, but we ended up being backed against a cliff. Behind us, waves crashed violently against the rocks, and in front of us were 5 Roman soldiers. "Jason, fly back to the ship." 

Jason frowned. "What? What about you guys?" 

"Don't worry," I assure him. "We'll be fine. I have a plan." Jason hesitated, but sighed and took off towards the ship, leaving the three of us alone with the Romans.

"Please tell me you actually have a plan," Frank pleaded.

"I do," I admit. "It's gonna sound a little crazy, but I'm going to need all of your trust right now. We're going to jump off this cliff."

"What? A-are you crazy?" Frank stammered.

I shrugged. "Maybe, but it's the only way we'll be able to make it back to the ship. Do you guys trust me?" 

"Of course," Leo replied. 

"Frank?" I ask. 

"Yeah. Of course I trust you," Frank breathed out. 

"Great. Hold on," I instruct before grabbing their hands and dragging them over the side of the cliff. For a few seconds, the three of us were free falling. But then, a huge wave appeared out of nowhere and caught us all. I struggled to keep my balance at first because summoning the large wave took a lot of energy out of me. Leo noticed and placed a hand on my shoulder to steady me.

"Whoa. You okay?" Leo quizzed. 

I waved him off. "I'm fine. And uh, you guys should probably hold on." Frank and Leo each grabbed ahold of one of my arms as we surged towards the Argo II, and when we got there, we jumped onto the deck. Annabeth boarded the ship a minute later, and between Jason controlling the winds and Percy and I directing the water, it only took seconds before Fort Sumter was only a blot in the distance. As soon as the battle was done, Jason, Percy, and I collapsed against the mast while Annabeth and Piper gave us water. 

"So, Annabeth, did you find the map you wanted?" Leo questioned. 

Annabeth nodded. "Yeah. I'll have to study it for a bit though. How far are we from those coordinates?" 

"At top rowing speed, about an hour," Leo answered. "Any idea what we're looking for?" 

"The Nereid I talked to said Chiron's brothers were there, and they'd want to hear about that aquarium in Atlanta. I don't know what she meant, but..." Percy trailed off. "She also warned me to be careful. Keto, the goddess at the aquarium: she's the mother of sea monsters. She might be stuck in Atlanta, but she can still send her children after us. The Nereid said we should expect an attack." 

"Wonderful," Frank muttered. 

"Can we get the ship aloft?" Jason pushed. "If we could fly-" 

"That'd be great," Leo agreed. "Except Festus tells me the port aerial stabilizer got pulverized when the ship raked against the dock at Fort Sumter." 

"We were in a hurry trying to save you," Annabeth claimed. 

"And saving me is a very noble cause," Leo concurred. "I'm just saying it'll take some time to fix. Until then, we're not flying anywhere." 

"That's fine. We just need to go fast. We've burned another day, and Nico only has three more left," Hazel reminded us. 

"We can do it," Leo promised. 

Percy groaned. "Did the world just turn upside down?"

"Everything is yellow," Jason commented. "Is it supposed to be yellow?"

"Oh Gods. I'm not feeling too good," I confess. 

 "Summoning that storm really sapped your strength. You guys need rest," Piper insisted. "Frank, can you help us get them below deck?" 

"Of course. Lets go," Frank spoke and helped me up.