Chapter 8: the goodbye look

EZRAS POV:
My eyes watered and I sat in shock. I rubbed her hand and looked her in the eyes. "Aria, you know I'd do anything for you and wouldn't let anything hurt you or take you away from me. I fell in love with you the day I laid eyes on you. I know I lied about a lot of things and I'm sorry. You know I wouldn't stop at anything to not try and find you. I went crazy. I didn't sleep. I couldn't. I didn't know where you were and if you were okay. All I knew was I needed to find you. Your what means most to me even if we aren't together and I just couldn't let you disappear. Just know I still love you."
She smiled and looked at me as a tear fell from her big brown eyes. I wiped it away as she said "I love you too." Smiling "remember what you said to me on the bench?" "After you said you couldn't imagine your life without me?" "Yes do you? You said we'd figure something out. Can we?" I looked down grasped her hand once more i looked her in her eyes "of course."

HANNAS POV:
I watched Caleb walk away last night. It broke my heart but it was for the best. We graduate next week and that will be the last of us. I plan on staying in rosewood to either go to Hollis or no where. My dad won't pay as we know. My mom can't afford it and I'm not mad she tried. But what hurts more than not going to college is watching Caleb upset. I told Travis yes last night and I had to. Caleb could have made this less hard and not showed up when they found us and left when I told him to when I was in jail. Now here I am crying over Caleb and the tears just come I don't make them come they just come and they don't stop but I have to get ready for the day. I planned on staying home with my mom since we have a meeting with the school and all the girls parents my dad is suppose to come but I don't have much to say to him. We also have a meeting at the police department and I don't want to ever step foot in that place again.

SPENCERS POV:
after catching up with Johnny and telling him about how I think me and Toby worked it out he kinda seemed bummed but I wasn't sure I told him and that I needed to talk to Toby about it. He left and I got ready it was almost 8:20 and I hadn't left. Finally around 8:35 ish I walked out of my house and drove to the park. I saw Toby's truck I walked towards it. Behind it was a moonlight picnic. He saw me and got up and hugged me as he kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand to walk me to the blanket. "What's this all for Toby?" "Well it's a special day..." "Hm let me guess..." I thought real hard but nothing came to mind "our anniversary" he said I grabbed my head. "Oh my god Toby I'm sorry just I've been through a lot lately." "Spence it's ok. I'm not mad. I understand. Look there's just something I've wanted to ask you for awhile." "Oh yeah and what's that?" I said as I grinned. "Well will you marry me?" He pulled out this ring. I sat there in complete I started crying. "Toby you know I love you right? I just don't know." "Do you need time or is it Johnny? Do you love him? I know you to hung out tonight." "Is this what this is all about your jealous of Johnny aren't you. You know what Toby. No I won't marry you." I got up and walked away to my car and rove off.