Chapter 18

3rd POV

The sound of Todoroki's soft footsteps echoed through the silent hallway as he walked back to his class, hands in his trousers' pockets. His face was tilted down, gazing at the floor as his mind was still processing over what had happened during the past few hours.

Y/N explained everything to him including her past and Aizawa being her adoptive father.
He knew from the first day he saw her that there was something special about her. She was mysterious. From her breathtaking appearance to her stone-cold glares, warm smiles she gives, and the glint of sadness that takes over her face from time to time. He knew it was weird, him being so observative of her, but he couldn't help it. Mysterious or not, she was just another girl. There were more girls in class 1-A but he didn't give a shit about them. They all were classmates, nothing more. He was surprised when he found himself thinking about her even after school hours. Maybe because she was the only one who he had talked more than two words with. He didn't understand.

When she explained about her life he felt his heart ache. He thought his life was shitty, but what was his past compared to hers? She lost everything. She's the main target of an evil organization. And now she found out that her childhood best friend has become a villain who was trying to wipe out the hero society. She was trying hard not to break down during her explanation. Her voice was shaking and her beautiful eyes became glossy. Todoroki couldn't take it. He sat on the side of her bed and wrapped his arms around her. He was not used to being close to people and physical affection was something strange to him. That made him surprised by his own actions. When he felt Y/N slowly wrapping her arms around him, he tensed down. After a few seconds, they both let go, with a warm feeling clouding their hearts.

As he was walking back to his class someone bumped into him along the way because Todoroki was not looking where he was going.
It was the shy greenette,

"Oh, Todoroki-kun! I'm sorry!" He quickly muttered, before running again. Todoroki watched as Midoriya panted, stopping in front of the infirmary door and then going inside.

'Other than me, Midoriya knows about her past too...... No wonder, they seemed to be best friends after all.....'

'Or are they more than best friends?'

Todoroki wondered as he took a few steps back also stopping in front of the infirmary door to see Midoriya silently sobbing while hugging Y/N tightly. Y/N was stroking his hair comfortingly as her chin rested on his shoulder. Seeing the sight Todoroki felt another unfamiliar feeling which he did not like one bit.

He started walking again deciding to ask Fuyumi about all those strange feelings he was having lately.

Apart from every weird feeling and thought on his mind one memory still happened to be bothering him the most. From the moment he heard that villain say it before dissapearing into the portral, it has been,

"I'll come back for you Y/N, I definitely will."

---------------

At the League of villains hideout-

Shigaraki POV

Kurogiri was tending to my wounds, as my thought wondered around my childhood best friend who I thought to be dead but, was alive. What happened a few hours ago felt like a dream, a hazy memory. I couldn't describe if it was a good dream or a nightmare. She wasn't dead.... those people who took her and her family didn't kill her, that was enough to make me extremely happy. But today because of me she almost died again. I almost killed her........
-
"Y/N-CHAN! WHERE ARE THEY TAKING HER?! NO! LET GO OF HER! DAD DO SOMETHING!" My cries echoed through my house as the members of Kyomeru dragged Y/N, Satoru, and Uncle Shin out after cuffing them with quirk restraining cuffs.