Chapter 22

"The first game for the first years is finally over and what a game it was!!" Midnight said raising on hand over her head covering her face from sunlight while posing to the camera.

The large screen in the stadium displayed the students' classes, names and places they got from the race.

1st : A group : L/N Y/N

2nd : A group : Midoriya Izuku

3rd : A group : Todoroki Shoto

4th : A group : Bakugo Katsuki

5th : B group : Shiyozaki Ibara

Just like that the list went on.

"Only the top 42 will be advanced to the next round. But don't be too let down. For those who didn't make it into the next round, we prepared other opportunities for you to shine." The R-rated hero licked her lips as the mentioned top 42 gathered around the stage.

"Now the real fight is about to begin," She raised her whip dramatically towards the screen where the words 'Cavalry Battle' appeared in large fonts.

Y/n who was standing in the very back narrowed her eyes, crossing her hands.

'That means group work....'

"Let me explain. The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but one thing is different....," Midnight turned to face the students smirking, before continuing to speak.

".....Based on the results of the last game each person has been assigned a point of value!"

"A point-based system like the entrance exam huh? That's easy to understand." Sato said.

"In other words, each team is worth different points depending on who's on the team!" Uraraka nodded to herself understanding the game as Mina pointed finger guns at her.

"Aha!"

Hearing this Midnight pointed her whip at them angrily.

"Hey! If you guys are going to explain what am I here for!!" She scolded them before continuing,

"Anyway, that's right! And the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom. So the 42nd place gets five points, and 41st gets ten points! And the point value assigned to the first place is........."

All students looked around searching for the girl who placed first in the obstacle race. It did not take them long to spot the snowy white hair on the very back.

".....ten million!!!"

Y/n stood there with her usual neutral expression not bothered by all the piercing stares she was getting.

The bounty now placed on her head was not something she felt threatened by.  Because when did she not have one?

___________

Midnight went on explaining the rules of the game about headbands and how they should collect the points.

"Now you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!"

After she announced everyone went around to form or join a team. Y/n on the other hand didn't have to move an inch.

'Having me on anyone's team would guarantee a win because with Infinity ten million headband would be safe. But only my classmates are aware of that.'

"U-umm Y/n-chan...?" A voice called out to her. She turned around with a small hum. It was Midoriya.

"W-would you maybe like to join my team?" He asked fiddling with his fingers.