Chapter 2

Ive been in the office a couple of hours, quietly getting on with my work, the Alpha trusts me to be in the office on my own, at the start of summer he would always insist on being in here with me. Its not that I'm an untrustworthy person, its just that i'd never really spent time with my Alpha before and he didn't know me.

I remember going to the pack meeting just before the summer started and Alpha Raoul announced that Jayden and Moira (our luna) were going to be travelling around different packs looking for Jayden's mate, he asked for any one who would be interested in helping him in the office over the summer to stay behind and see him after the meeting.

I noticed Jayden wasn't at the meeting, and after looking around further i noticed that Harmony was missing too, Harmony is one of Jaydens play 'friends' so it didn't take a scientist to work out why they weren't here!

After the meeting i approached my Alpha and as i was the only one that stayed i got the job, you see everyone else in the pack had plans for beach parties, and basically lounging around all summer, i only really have one friend Casey but she was going to visit her Grandmother and Grandpa for the summer, so i was going to be on my own anyway, so i figured this job would help time pass away quickly.

Coming out of my daydream, i stood to put some papers in the file cabinet, i heard the door open, but i didn't hear anyone come in, i looked towards the door, to see Alpha Roaul looking at me strangely, and frozen to the spot "Are you ok Alpha Raoul?" i asked politely. This seemed to break him out of his trance and he approached me still looking a little shocked. "I'm sorry Alexia i almost didn't recognize you when i came in, i don't think Ive ever seen you with your hair away from your face", i felt myself flush "Um um I'm sorry i i i" You see this is why i don't like people looking at me, i seem to lose the ability to talk, and i feel like I'm being scrutinized, I'm shy anyway, but normally its not as bad with my hair as a shield.

"Don't apologize Alexia, i was just taken my surprise is all, who knew a pretty little thing was hiding behind all that hair?" The Alpha chuckled, and i felt myself getting redder from the compliment. "Anyway i just wanted to tell you i really appreciated your help over the summer, you've done a fantastic job and so i figured i would give you the rest of day off to enjoy your last day before school starts tomorrow"

I tried to compose myself before speaking so not to embarrass myself any further "Th thank you Alpha" i replied. "It should be me thanking you, i know that a lot of kids nowadays have better things to do then help and old man like me" he laughed "but i don't know how i would have got through the summer without you help so thanks again"

I looked at the Alpha a little shocked that he would give me so much praise, and it gave me a little bit of a confidence boost "yo yo your not an old man sir, and i re really enjoyed being here" i manged to get out, the Alpha was such a good man, he barely looked a day over 30, he has short black hair, and light brown eyes, he is an attractive man, but off course he only had eyes for Moira, his mate.

I quickly put the papers away and left to walk back to my house, we didn't live that far from the pack house, just a 10 minute walk. I got home and spent the rest of the day getting my things together ready for tomorrow, my friend Casey called to say she would pick me up tomorrow before school, i couldn't wait to catch up with her, we've spoken on the phone through the summer but it wasn't the same as having her here.

It was finally time for bed, and i went to sleep thinking about how great my senior year was going to be........