Chapter 37

Jayden's POV

To say I'm still shocked that Harmony is sat in front of me would be an understatement, but hearing Ryder fussing in her arms over rides any feelings of shock. I notice Harmony looking down at my son and see this as my opportunity to get him back, rushing forward quickly i snatch him from her arms and hold him close, inhaling his scent so my wolf can calm down too. I'm so concerned with holding Ryder close to assure myself that hes actually here with me and hes ok that i don't notice Harmony getting off the bed until she wraps her arms around my waist. I cant help my reaction to her when my body stiffens, its feels so wrong her holding or touching me. "I'm so glad you rescued us, i wanted to save Ryder myself and had a plan to get us out of here within the next couple of days, but now your here you can take us both home" Harmony informs me while trying to make her voice sound seductive. All i can think about is that shes clearly delusional, and i wonder where my pack is? I don't want to make any sudden movements while i have Ryder in my arms, i cant risk her going crazy with my son in the room. "What the hell are you doing here?" my fathers voice has never sounded so good to my ears, i look over at my father and see him glaring at Harmony, she tries to hide behind me, and i take this opportunity to quickly cross the room. Now that my dads here i know if Harmony tries anything Ryder will be safe now, as my dad would never allow anything to happen to his grandson again. "Jayden baby what are you doing? We can now finally be together, like is should have been in the first place" Harmony says trying to sound calm but i can feel the anger radiating off her. Looking at her with all the anger Ive felt over the last couple of weeks, and all the disgust i have for her for taking my son i coldly reply "someone escort her out and place her with the others, before i kill her." Its not a lie, my wolf is going crazy with the need to show Harmony what a pissed off future Alpha looks like, if i wasn't holding my son i would do just that. Ive never hit a women before, but after everything shes put my family through, and for what? some misguided fantasy in her head? I know that today i would actually break the no hitting girls rule just this one time if i had to look at her any longer.

"Let me look at my grandson" my father requests holding his hand out, i notice Colin approaching while his eyes are scanning over Ryder checking for any possible injuries. I reluctantly pass Ryder over to him knowing that it will also calm his wolf knowing that hes ok, I'm about to ask what happens now when we hear a commotion coming from downstairs. My father quickly passes Ryder to Colin and instructs him to stay up here, while myself and my father head downstairs to see whats happening.

Walking into the lounge where the rogues are being held my eyes immediately go to a screaming Harmony who's cussing out her mate, Cassius seems to be having a problem trying to contain the scream banshee in his arms. My father immediately orders three warriors from our pack to take her into another room and restrain her so we can sort this mess out. After the warriors start dragging her away while shes still hitting out i notice Cassius looking relieved that shes no longer his problem. Looking at the rest of the rogues my eyes go to a guy, the sheer despair, heartache and pain that i see in his eyes makes me feel for him, Ive never seen a man looking as broken as the guy sat in front of me, and i automatically know that he must be Thomas. Even though he took my son, i cant help feeling sorry for him, its in our nature to believe what our mates are telling us, and after hearing what lie Harmony told him, i cant help feeling like hes a victim too. What amazes me is that he got all the other rogues to follow him, normally rogues never travel with a pack, yet the people sat in front of me all followed him and I'm not sure why. Needing to speak to this guy my dad sets a room up so i can question his further in private.

"Listen Ive heard what Harmony told you" i tell Thomas while taking a seat at the kitchen table across from him, "you mean Sarah?" he asks. "No i mean Harmony, i know she told you her name was Sarah but i promise you Ive known that girl for all her life, and her name is definitely Harmony" i assure him. He looks really confused like hes trying to figure something out "why would she lie to me about her name?" he finally asks. 'Because shes a lying whore' is what i want to say, but knowing the truth is going to be hard enough for him to hear anyway i refrain. "Its not just her name she lied out" i say instead, he looks at me then trying to see the truth in my words, I'm quite surprised when he holds my stare and doesn't flinch away. "What do you mean?" he asks and i can hear the uncertainty in his voice, i know once Ive finished telling him what Harmony's done, hes going to be more broken then he is now. Taking a deep breathe i explain about my mate, my cheating, the incident with Harmony at Alexia's house, and finally her leaving to go stay with her cousin. I make sure to stress that Harmony was NEVER pregnant and that the baby he stole definitely belongs to my mate and i. When Ive finished hes looks stunned and i wait patiently for him to process the information Ive given him. "That cant be true! This cant be happening! She was so upset about you taking her son, why would she lie?" i can see he still has doubts about what I'm saying, no male wants to believe his mate would lie to him. "She did this because she thought that i would take her back, she really wants to be Alpha Female of my pack" i tell him honestly. "So this was about power?" he clarifies. "Yes" i state simply, he shakes his head like hes trying to clear it "then she would have got along great with my father" he finally says. I'm confused by his statement, i assumed because he was a rogue he wouldn't have a family, but that's clearly not the case. "Which pack were you from?" i decide to ask wondering if i know them. "The Silver Light Pack" he states, and i cant help the gasp that escapes my lips, he looks up at me and i can see hes wondering about my reaction.

I know about his old pack, its well known that the Alpha of that pack did unspeakable things to his pack members, while he was in charge. Whats not well known is that the pack rebelled a couple of months ago killing the Alpha, and now a couple of neighbouring packs are trying to restore order, but with no proper leader its not looking good for the remaining pack members. Only Alpha's know about the pack killing their Alpha as everyone was concerned this information would lead to further attacks by rogues knowing they are weak without a leader. I only know this as my father told me, and only because i will be Alpha soon. "Who is your father" i ask wondering if hes still alive, i know that half the pack was killed before the rebellion so its a possibility his father was one of them. I look at Thomas when he doesn't answer, and hes looks conflicted with what to say, i can see shame in his eyes and cant help wondering why, finally he answers and i cant help the gasp that escapes my lips for the second time in minutes.

"My father is the Alpha, he went crazy and i left the pack when i was nineteen, that was two years ago and Ive been running from him ever since." Once i got over my initial shock i start to process what hes telling me "why didn't you challenge your father for the Alpha position" is my first question. "I couldn't, my father kept me weak by imprisoning me so i wouldn't challenge him, he never taught me to fight either so i knew i could never win against him" hes says and i know now why he feels ashamed. Even thought I'm not Alpha yet i still feel responsible for my pack mates, so not being able to help them when they were suffering would kill me. "How did you get away?" i ask, "a couple of pack members broke me out, and told me to run and so i did. My father sent trackers out looking for me and Ive been hiding ever since. I was gathering rogues so i could eventually attack my father and claim the pack, but then i met Sarah and i knew i needed to help her first. My plan was always to go back to fight my father for the Alpha position. You have to understand that when i escaped i was weak for months from lack of food." Again i cant help feeling sorry for the guy sat in front of me, hes obviously been through a lot in his life, and even though what he did was wrong i cant say i wouldn't do the same thing if Alexia had told me a similar story. "Your father is dead" i blurt out needing to ease some of the burdens hes been carrying around for far too long.

I ended up spending a couple of hours with Thomas and after i informed my father and the other Alpha's of who he is, we finally agreed that he needed to rejoin his pack and claim the Alpha position that was rightly his. I knew they was a reason why others would willingly follow him, i just never assumed it was because he was an Alpha's son. Thomas requested the other rogues accompany him back to his pack as he trusts them, and that way they can help rebuild his pack with him. Thomas agreed to let us take Harmony back with us so she could be jailed for her crimes against her own pack, and even though no one else was punished for the attack on the pack house, i couldn't feel angry. My son was well taken care of, and none of this would have happened if it wasn't for Harmony, like i said earlier i would kill for Alexia and i know Thomas was just sorely mislead my his mate, the regret and sorrow on his face after realizing the truth was punishment enough.

Just before I'm about to leave i couldn't pass up the opportunity in informing Harmony of the consequences of her actions. Walking into the room she being help in i notice the three warriors have had to tie her hands and feet to stop her from attacking them. Leaning against the wall i cant help the smirk on my face seeing her thrashing around on the floor. "Jayden this was all Thomas's doing, hes a rogue you know you cant trust what he says or any of the other filthy rogues he had with him" she pleads finally noticing my presence. "That's where your wrong Harmony, Thomas is not a rogue" i inform her. She stops her attempts at getting free to look directly at me "what do you mean? of course hes a rogue" she screeches. "No actually hes going to be Alpha of another pack once he gets back in his territory and claims the title" i inform her and i cant help the smug look on my face as i see her confusion and the moment what I'm saying sinks in. "So I'm going to be Alpha Female of his pack?" she declares like shes won the lottery or something. "Actually no, Thomas doesn't want a liar as a mate, and after everything you've done the only place your going in a jail cell once we get back to our pack territory" i inform her taking pleasure at the look of pure fury on her face. "You cant do that to me, as Alpha Female of Thomas's pack i demand you release me immediately." She continues to shout orders at me but i block her out leaving the room, happy that shes finally getting what she deserves.

Driving back to my pack territory with my son securely fastened in his car seat, i cant help watching him while he sleeps. Hes sleeping so soundly without a care in the world, and I'm grateful that he will never remember this incident and remain innocent to the world around him. I just cant wait to reunite him with Alexia and then finally we can become a family again.