Chapter 26

Alexia's POV

Watching as Crystals blue eyes start to dull, and with the smell of her fear emanating off her, should make me put her down, but as i watch her face turn blue from the lack of oxygen, while I'm pinning her up by the throat only leaves me feeling satisfied. She been tormenting me all day touching whats mine, and now even as she struggling to get free of my grip i refuse to budge, only squeezing tighter, watching the life drain out of her I'm happy, suddenly i hear banging and wonder where the noise is coming from. The banging gets louder and then i feel someone shaking my shoulder, but I'm don't want to put Crystal down i think to myself.

"ALEXIA WAKE UP" this startles me and i feel myself falling, shaking my head a couple of times i realize im in my bedroom and my mum is stood above me with a mixture of frustration and amusement in her eyes. Then the dream Ive just had resurfaces and i find myself slightly disappointed that it wasn't real, shaking myself mentally i look back up at my mother.

"Alexia you were screaming profanities in your sleep, Ive been banging on your door and in the end it took me literally shaking you to wake you up, are you ok?" 

I think about it for a couple of minutes before answering because really, having a vivid dream about strangling someone, a human no less for flirting with Jayden isn't very rational. 'Ok course it is, we were just showing her whats ours' my wolfs pipes up. Mentally rolling my eyes at her i assure my mum that I'm fine, she leaves me to get ready, looking but unconvinced with my answer. Last night when i got home with Ryder you could feel the tension rolling off me, i made an excuse that i was stressed over the moving and the decorating, when really is was a certain interior designer that coursed most of my anxiety. Yesterday was torture with the sales staff and then getting back and being 'greeted' by Crystal, i wanted to hit myself in the head by the time i left Jayden, or better yet hit her in the head, with something hard. Of course my mum was worried about my anxiety level and insisted that i speak to Dr Edwards right away. I know shes still worried about my depression, and even though i feel a little better, i know i still need my therapist. She also had Ryder in her room last night so i could have a 'good nights rest'. I didn't mind letting her look after Ryder as i know she wont be spending many nights with him after i move out, and i happily called Dr Edwards, i just left out the part about my wolf and i are being very territorial over Jayden to her when we were speaking.

Getting ready i decide i need someone to talk to and hopefully they can give me some advice, i don't like feeling like this around Jayden and i don't know how to 'turn it off'. Deciding that i haven't seen Casey for a few days i decide to see if she wants to go shopping. Calling her i thought it would take some convincing, but hearing the words Ryder and shopping she happily agreed informing me she would pick me up in thirty minutes. I just hope she can help me with my problem, shes always been there for me in the past so im hoping we can come up with a solution.

Heading downstairs after a quick shower i go towards the kitchen where i can hear my mum talking to Ryder, i chuckle as i hear her say "who's Grandma's prettiest boy? that's right you are!." I can hear Ryder gigling clearly lapping up the attention my mum always showers him with, of course shes total biased believing that her grandson and i quote 'is the cutest baby that has ever been born' apparently that even includes my birth, but being biased too i cant feel offended at that and i tend to agree with her.

"Hey mum, Ive just spoken to Casey and we are going shopping, is there anything you need?" i ask politely. She looks thoughtful and i start regretting asking her as i imagine her reeling off a long shopping list, when she just shakes her head at me. "No i cant think of anything, are you going to show Casey the new house?" she asks. My mum and dad have both seen the house before 'Crystal' started work, and although Ive mentioned it to Casey shes never been, i frown at this because I'm becoming a crappy friend. "Yeah ill take her over there once we've finished, if she wants to come" i answer. Hearing Casey's car pull up my mum helpfully puts Ryder in his car seat, while i check he has everything in his bag and we both head out to Casey's car. Opening the front door i see Casey stood waiting by the passenger door ready to greet Ryder and help strap him in, i put the bag down and head back inside for his pushchair. Doing a mental list making sure i haven't forgotten anything i need we head out to the mall.