Chapter 11

Cindy's POV (Alexia's mum)

Walking down the hallway the Alexia's room i wonder why shes shouted me up here, i know she came downstairs earlier, and i had expected her to come in the kitchen and help Casey and i finish the food. Maybe shes more sick then she let on? Entering her room i was not prepared for what i saw, my daughter is slumped against her bed, her eyes are closed and she looks really pale. Rushing up to her i try to wake her, that's when i smelt it, my eyes scan her body looking for an injury and that when i notice her jeans are covered in blood. My mothering instincts kick in and i immediately pick up my daughter bridal style and start rushing towards the stairs, "Colin somethings wrong with Alexia" i shout while taking the last few steps, he meets me in the hallway and is immediately as pale as Alexia "what happened" he whispers, "i don't know but we need to get her to the pack doctor NOW". I notice then that the Alpha and his family have come in from the living room to see whats happening and Casey is also stood to my other side looking at Alexia with worry, everyone is staring at Alexia in shock. "COLIN OPEN THE CAR, ALPHA PLEASE CALL THE PACK DOCTOR TO TELL HER WE ARE ON OUR WAY" i boom out, this seems to get everyone moving, i follow Colin to the car, "We'll meet you back at the pack house" i hear the Alpha shout. I sit in the back seat still cradling Alexia, i notice Casey had climbed in the front passenger seat, Colin shakily puts his keys in the ignition and we set off to the pack house. The journey seems to take forever, Alexia hasn't opened her eyes the whole time Ive been holding her. Her heart is beating very slowly, and i keep checking to make sure shes still breathing, i just don't know what happened to her. Pulling up at the house the doctor is already waiting, i carry her into the house refusing to let her go until i need to, we rush into the doctors room and i lay her on the bed. I watch as the doctor quickly gets to work on my daughter, she removes her clothes to try and find out where the bleeding is coming from and i gasp at what i see. My daughter look emaciated laying there in her underwear, how could i have missed how much weight shes lost? Oh goddess, i knew something was wrong but she just kept brushing my concern away, i should have tried harder to get to the root of the problem, what kind of mother allows her child to deteriorate this bad without noticing? I feel a hand placed on my shoulder and feeling the sparks i immediately know its my husband Colin "we need to wait outside and let the doctor do her job" he says, pulling me out of the office and into a private waiting room.

Sitting there waiting for news feels like torture I'm running through all the possibilities of what could be wrong with her in my mind and most of them aren't good. They seems to be a lot of people coming and going but no one comes into the room to update us. I can hear Casey in the corner sobbing while Hope is trying to comfort her, i feel so numb, i just want to know whats happening with my baby. Colin is sat to my left squeezing my hand looking deep in his own thoughts, and Moira is sat to my right trying to comfort me. The Alpha keeps coming in and out but he says he doesn't know whats going on yet, I'm sure he knows more than hes saying with the pacing hes doing when he's in the room, but i just don't have the energy to question him further.

Finally the door opens and a flustered looking Dr Stacy comes in, i immediately stand up wanting answers, but she quickly places her hands palms up and nods her head at the seat, indicating that i should sit back down. I quickly sit back down hoping to get the answers quicker, she pulls a chair up to be closer to us, and i notice Casey and Hope both doing the same thing. "Please tell me our daughter in going to be ok" i plead to the doctor, i cant even imagine losing her. "Alexia is stable at the moment" she replies. Stable that's good, that means shes going to be ok, thank god. "What do you mean stable? what happened to her?" i hear Colin ask, i snap my head back up to the doctor waiting for her answer. "Shes lost a lot of blood and because of her body being so weak her wolf couldn't help her heal, we needed to give her three blood transfusions just to stabilize her, but I'm confident once we can get her body to gain some weight, she will make a full recovery". I just don't understand how she could lose so much weight in the first place, i know shes not been eating as much as normal, but i see her eating before she goes up to her room. Oh god maybe shes got an eating disorder? "We had to give her an emergency c-section, as she was unconscious, and her body needed to push, the baby is not doing as good as mum, he's very small and currently cant breathe on his own, he's currently in an incubator i had transported in, and we are assisting him with his breathing, i need to know when she was due to so i can determine his gestation age". I must be losing it, I'm sure the doctor just said Alexia had a baby, but that cant be right, shes never even had sex for goddess sake. I look around and notice everyone is looking at the doctor with shocked faces its Casey's that response first though "Alex had a baby?" she mumbles, the doctor nods her head "Yes that's where the blood loss was coming from, she went into labour, do you know anything about this Casey?" Dr Stacy asks her calmly. I watch as an internal battle plays in Casey's eyes deciding what to say, she finally makes her decision and blurts out "she met her mate in September, but they only had sex one time and he rejected her, the baby could only to be his, as hes the only one shes ever been with. She didn't know she was pregnant though or she would of told me". Alexia has a mate? my mind is still trying to process everything Casey has just said, what kind our mate would be so cruel to take her virginity and then reject her? If i find out and get my hands on him.."HE DID WHAT" Colin's outburst breaks me out of my thoughts and i notice hes now stood pacing the room, Ive never seen him looking so angry. "Colin calm down, i need you to calm down and then i will take you through to see your daughter and grandchild" Dr Stacy says. Seeing Colin's wolf trying to take over i quickly jump up to soothe him, once hes calm i ask the doctor to take us to see them, telling Casey i will be speaking to her later before i leave the room.

Entering the little hospital room, my eyes immediately go to the beeping sound, Alexia is hooked up to various machines, shes so pale she looks like a ghost, but the beeping machine lets me know that her heart is still beating. I grasp her hand and immediately notice that its so cold, i rub her hand trying to warm it while Colin does the same to her other. We sit there talking to her about random things, just hoping that she will open her eyes. The doctor comes back in and asks if we want to see the baby, i don't want to leave her but i know the baby is in worse shape than my daughter at the moment, "I'll stay here with Alexia, while you are gone" Colin states. Not trusting my voice i just nod my head and let the doctor lead me in to the room next door. Approaching the incubator, i sob, you can barely see the babies face because of the breathing tube they have in his mouth, there's tubes, wires and machines everywhere. "Doctor is the baby a boy or a girl?" i ask because even though i was sure she referred to the baby as a him earlier i wasn't sure if i heard right. "Its a boy, but because your daughter delivered at no more than 32 weeks hes at least 8 weeks early, due to her being malnourished the baby is smaller then we would like, he currently weighs 2lb 1oz." "Can i touch him?" i asks, she nods her head and opens the door at the front so i can put my hand in, i brush my thumb over his hand, its so tiny, i caress his head and notice hes got some black hair, maybe he takes after his grandma i think. "Hello little man, I'm your Grandma, your mummy will come and see you as soon as shes better, you see she poorly too, but i need you to be strong for us", i can feel the tears running down my eyes, "you need to be a stong so that when your mummy sees you, she will see what a little fighter you are". Ive just met the little guy and already i couldn't bare the thought of losing him. I just hope hes a little fighter and strong enough to survive.