Chapter 24

Alexia's POV

Getting Ryder ready to go to Jayden's house the next morning, i ponder to myself if I'm actually doing the right thing by agreeing to move in with him. I mean what if I'm making a big mistake and Jayden and i don't get along? I know we are technically mates, and the fates pair people because they complete each other, but i already know from experience that my 'mate' didn't want me, which isn't suppose to happen. The gurling sound brings me out of my thinking and i look down at my smiling son. Jayden wasn't lying when he said he created a fine specimen of a child, but lets not let Jayden hear that, i don't want to inflate his ego anymore than it already is. Looking at Ryder its easy to see why everyone that meets him falls in love with him. Hes just so beautiful and pure, and his green eyes sparkle so brightly when hes happy. 

Pulling up to Jayden's house the worry is still ever present in my mind, at least if it doesn't work out i could move back in with my parents i think to myself. The passenger door opens and I'm immediately surrounded by Jayden's scent, its very woodsy with a hint of chocolate and mint, every time i smell him he reminds me of my favorite ice-cream, and looking at him for too long i sometimes feel i could eat him, as he looks so edible. I give my head a quick shake, i shouldn't and don't want to be having thoughts like this, especially about Jayden, i mean i know Ive forgiven him but i cant just forget everything that happened before Ryder came along.

"Alexia, Alexia, ALEXIA" i snap my head over the seat seeing Jayden staring at me "Ive been calling your name for a few minutes, are you ok?" he asks concern written all over his face. I look away quickly to try and stop him seeing the blush on my cheeks from the thoughts i was having previously. "I'm fine, just thinking about the move, lets get inside" i request. When i notice him not following me into the house i look  at him over my shoulder. Hes still stood at my mums car holding Ryder, with a weird look on his face, I'm not sure what hes thinking but after i shout his name he seems to snap out of it and follows me in.

Taking a seat in the lounge, i hear footsteps approaching, turning my head i see Jayden's mum and dad entering the room. Both of them have big smiles on their faces and i notice as soon as Moira notices that Jayden is holding Ryder while sat it the chair, shes quick to pluck the baby out of his arms. The way shes behaving anyone would think shes not seen the baby in weeks instead of just the night.

"Sorry, I'm just going to miss Ryder so much when you guys move out, I'm getting in all the hugs i can before you leave" she explains to both of us.

I never thought about how Jayden's mum and dad would feel about him moving out, i know he said that he would be moving into the house regardless of whether i was moving in with them or not, but i suppose his parents are used to seeing Ryder quite a bit at the moment.

"Mum i told you both that just because we are moving out, we will still be seeing you a lot! Then there's babysitting if Alexia and i just need a break, although i cant see that happening because Ryder is such a good baby, aren't you son?" Jayden says while tickling Ryder's neck. From the exasperated way Jayden started his sentence i can tell hes had this conversation with his mother before, i wonder how long ago he bought the house? Hearing the door bell ring surprises me, normally the pack come and go, and the doorbell is rarely used. I hear Jayden's dad going to answer the door and ponder who it could be.

"Jayden, Alexia this is Crystal the interior designer i was telling Jayden about yesterday" Alpha Raoul informs us.

I almost forgot that the reason i came over this morning was to meet the interior designer and go over ideas. I look over at Crystal and the first thing i notice is shes very young, maybe 24 or 25, i take a quick whiff of the air and realize shes also human, so I'm assuming that's why she rang the bell. She very pretty also with blonde hair cut in a sleek bob and piecing blue eyes. The suit shes wearing is professional, but i notice the shirt is a little tight for my taste, but who am i to judge?

"Why don't you and Alexia take Crystal into the dining room to discuss your plans, we'll look after Ryder for you so he doesn't disturb you" Derek says looking at Jayden for an answer. Jayden looks over to me and i just nod my head, he quickly agrees and Crystal and i follow him into the dining room.

The dining room is a very elaborate room, the table can easily hold 60 people, and the walls are decorated a dark red color, which is evened out with the gold trim and matching gold accessories. Jayden takes a seat at the head of the table while i sit to his right and Crystal sits at his left. I never noticed before that Crystal was carrying a large folder, which i assume is various ideas.

"So today we need to work on color schemes, that way we can get a color scheme before choosing what type of furniture you would like for each of the rooms" Crystal states while looking at Jayden solely.

Jayden doesn't seem to notice as hes looking at me waiting for my opinion on what kind of colors i would like. I think about it and my mind seems to go blank, i chose the color for my own bedroom at home, but never an entire house. What if the idea's that i have are different to what Jayden is thinking he wants it to be? 

"Have you got some samples of previous works you've done, so we can see what type of theme we want to go for?" Jayden asks, i look up at him and hes still staring at me, i assume he saw the indecision on my face, and I'm grateful that i don't have to make a decision right now. I notice Crystal nodding her head at Jayden and then pulling out several papers, looking closely at them i notice several rooms, some better decorated than others. They also feature different rooms, Jayden is also studying them intently, while Crystal is intently studying Jayden. I don't know why but the way shes looking at him bothers me, and with the way my wolf is screaming in my head i know its bothering her too.

"Can we look at the bedrooms, as i think they will be the easiest to decide? We will need a nursery for one of them and then two of them will be Alexia's room and my room, the final room will be a guest room" Jayden informs her. I notice her eyes light up when she hears we will be in separate rooms, and when she notices me looking at her, she has the nerve to smirk at me. It takes everything in me not to reach across and wipe that smirk right off her face. I keep reminding myself that Jayden is not mine but of course my wolf disagrees. Quickly excusing myself as i really need to calm down, i hear Jayden's concerned voice but i ignore him making a quick exit for the kitchen. 

Slowly sipping the glass of water i talk to my wolf trying to get her under control, i wait a few minutes more making sure i wont make any rash decisions when i go back in the dining room, before entering the room again. Jayden looks at me with concern, while i notice Crystal still has that ever present smirk on her face. "Are you ok Alexia? your looking a little pale" Jayden ask me. "I'm fine, lets just get things sorted please" i plead with him. He nods his head and i just focus on the pictures in front of me. I'm surprised when Jayden and i both pick similar styles for our bedrooms, both choosing the color blue too. We quickly agree on the style of nursery for Ryder and let Crystal choose the style of the guest rooms. Finally after a couple of hours we make decisions on all the rooms, i notice that Crystal is still looking at Jayden like she wants to eat him but Jayden barely acknowledges her, only looking at her when needed. This makes my wolf really happy, and for reasons i don't want to go through in my own head right now it makes me happy too. The next thing we have to sort out is furniture and Crystal happily volunteers to come shopping with us. Not wanting to spend anymore time with her then needed i get Jayden to agree that we should go shopping tomorrow, on our own. Jayden seems happy with this idea and quickly agrees that once he brings Ryder back in the morning, we can head out then and pick the main furniture we will need. After Crystal finally leave i feel myself relax, I'm not sure why that women had such a reaction on me, but i have a feeling it was more to do with her reaction to Jayden.

I found myself spending the rest of the day at Jayden's house with him and Ryder, it felt nice just relaxing for the day together, we both bathed Ryder and then put him to bed. It gave me a little idea of how things will work when we move in together, and i felt better with the prospect of us joint parenting and living in the same house.

Laying in bed that night sleep seems to evade me, every time i close my eyes i see Crystal staring at Jayden and it unsettles me. Why did i get so jealous? Its not like Jayden was interested in her as he barely paid her any attention, and yet my mind was acting territorial over some other women looking at him. Apparently the house could be ready as soon as two weeks Crystal informed us, looking somewhat disappointed the work would be over so quickly. All i can think about is what its going to be like for the next two weeks having to deal with that women? I just hope my wolf and i can control ourselves around her.