Chapter 12

Casey's POV

Ive been sitting in the doctors waiting room all night, its now lunch time but i don't want to leave. I feel like if i go home something bad will happen to Alexia or the baby. I was going to leave this morning, the doctor finally said i could see Alex, just as i entered her room, the heart machine flat lined. Watching the doctor use the defibrillator on Alex to get her heart beating again, is honestly the scariest thing Ive ever seen. Alex is now in a coma, the doctor is not sure when shes going to wake up. I know her parents have barely left her side, but have to keep taking turns with her so that someone is with the baby too. Baby i cant get my head around the fact she was pregnant. If i would have known there's no way i would have kept quiet, i feel like if i would have forced her to tell someone before this happened it could have been prevented. The Alpha and Moira have been coming in and out, Hope hasn't left my side, so they keep coming to check on us and keep us updated. I felt so awful earlier when the Alpha commented about the baby having black hair, and reminding him of Jayden when he was a baby, at first i thought he had worked it out, i nearly came clean, until Moira added that hes probably going to look like Cindy. I know i need to speak up soon, but i feel like its not my secret to tell, and I'm betraying Alex by telling them.

"We are having a meeting in one hour in my office to discuss everything, Alexia's brother will be here shortly. We need answers Casey and your the only one that maybe able to give us them until Alexia wakes up", the Alpha then leaves the room leaving me with Hope. "Are you ok Casey? You look a little worried" My best friend is in serious condition and her baby might not survive, how do you think im feeling? i feel like replying. I don't though as i know Hope is just worried about me, we've never really had much chance to talk before last night, but to be honest shes been fantastic and kept me calm. Shes not tried to get information out of me about Alex's mate or any other details i might know, i respect her more for that, i know a lot of other girls would having been pleading for answers just to be noisy. "I'm just trying to think about what I'm going to say at the meeting, i don't want Alex to be mad at me for telling" I reply. "Im sure Alexia will understand, i know you are only trying to look out for her, but i know her family will want answers. I know you said her mate rejected her, so I'm assuming hes in our pack, if you know who he is they will want to know." You know who he is better than i do, i thought. But then again maybe not, i know Hope know's her brother is not as sweet and innocent as his parents believe, but I'm not sure she would ever suspect her brother of being this bad. "I know who her mate is" i reply quietly. "I can come to the meeting with you if you like? Just so you have someone there for you". Again i know shes only asking out of concern for me, but do i want her there when I'm going to be discussing her brother? i know she will find out eventually but i don't like the thought of her being upset. I know shes worried about Alex and the baby and she hardly knows Alex, but what's she going to be like when she finds out the baby is her nephew? "I don't think its a good idea you being there Hope" i say. Alex's brother and mate have just arrived, Markus looked distraught when he first came into the room, i guess hes been driving most the night to get here. I spend the rest of the hour trying to get my thoughts in order.

"Come in" i hear the Alpha call from behind his office door, i enter and notice everyone is already here, Alexia's parents, her brother Markus and Leigh are sitting on one sofa, Moira and Dr Stacy are sitting on the other sofa and the Alpha is sat behind his desk. "Take a seat please Casey" Alpha Roaul instructs. I sit next to Dr Stacy as that's the only place available. I notice Cindy's eyes are red and puffy, she looks like she hasn't slept in days, and Colin doesn't look much better, i cant look anyone in the eye as i know after Ive finished speaking everyone is going to be a lot more tense and worried. "Casey, i know you and Alexia are joined at the hip, i need you to tell us everything you know so we can understand what going on better" Alexia's mum pleads. I already made my decision on what i was going to say, 'I'm sorry Alex, i hope you forgive me' i think. I quickly glance at everyone "I will tell you everything i know, but please can you let me speak and finish before interrupting. Betraying Alex by telling you is bad enough, but I'm not sure once i start if i get interrupted that i could continue" everyone silently nods there heads in agreement and i start telling them everything i know. Once Ive finished everyone looks stunned, you could hear a pin drop its that quiet. Dr Stacy is the first one to speak up. "This explains why her wolf was so weak, your mate should never be unfaithful, it rarely happens if im being honest, but that's why she was in so much pain every time, this is to stop mates from being unfaithful in the first place", she pauses looking thoughtful "Ive never heard of a wolf being able to hold on for seven months before, on the rare occasions a mate has continually cheated, the persons wolf died from too much heartache and pain, and I'm assuming your all aware, once you wolf dies, your human side follows not long after. All i can assume is that Alexia's wolf knew about the baby and refused to give up". We all sit there thinking about what Dr Stacy has just said, i never knew that Alex could of lost her wolf, never mind the fact that she could have died.

I hear someone clear their throat and look up to see Alpha Roaul looking at me "Thank you for being honest with us, i know that it cant have been easy for you" he says sympathetically "but we need to know who her mate is, if hes unfaithful while shes in a coma she might never wake up".

I knew this question was going to come from someone, you see while telling them everything about what Alex has been through i still hadn't mentioned her mates name, i thinks its because subconsciously once his name was mentioned i would never have been able to finish what i was saying, and i needed to help Alex, i know once i say his name i cant take it back, and goddess knows whats going to happen. Please forgive me Alex.

"Her mate is Jayden, your son Alpha Roaul"