Chapter 42

Alexia's POV

I can hear voices talking animatedly behind me, but allow myself a moment to block them out whilst i analyze the reflection staring back at me. The girl looks stunning, her blue/grey eyes shinning with happiness and joy, while looking elegant. I'm stunned with how beautiful they've made me look, i know they said I'm pretty normally but looking at my reflection i can actually admit to myself that i do look beautiful today. The dress I'm wearing is a simple white Grecian type dress, with intricate detail on the strap the goes over my shoulder. Its flairs out at my breasts, hiding the small bump that's already started forming even though I'm only sixteen weeks pregnant.

Looking over at my bridesmaids as they hurry to finish getting ready, i cant help my heart swelling more as my friends work happily and efficiently together. If you haven't guessed today is my wedding day and although I'm nervous, the feeling of happiness that's currently filling me tends to overwhelm my nervous side.

Its been ten weeks since Jayden woke up from his coma, and i finally got the courage to tell him how i felt about him. Looking back now it feels silly i ever felt like he would reject my feelings, and after we both declared different things, we both looked at each other with a mixture of confusion, awe and happiness. Jayden asking me to marry him at the same time i told him i was pregnant was surreal, and after we talked, i found out that he actually bought the engagement ring weeks ago. I found that i was happy that he already planned on proposing, rather than him asking me after i told him my news. I know that somewhere in the back of my mind if i had told Jayden i was pregnant before he proposed, i would have always had a little doubt that he was only doing it because we were having another baby. I know that's my own self doubt talking and I'm still having therapy with Dr Edwards to address my self esteem issues.

Going for our first ultrasound scan when i was twelve weeks was a surreal experience, as Ive obviously never had one before and was nervous but Jayden's excitement was of the chart.

**FLASHBACK**

"Come on Alex we're going to be late" Jayden hollered to me from downstairs, while i finished getting dressed. Jayden had to stay in hospital for just over two weeks after he woke up, and so has only been home just over a week. It was so funny watching him discussing wedding plans with both our mothers from his hospital bed. He told me the night he proposed he wanted to marry me as soon as he could, and set a maximum time limit of twelve weeks!

Since we've been back home hes been really protective of Ryder and I, and even though i can see hes still in some discomfort from his still healing injuries, he insists on doing everything, to the point of almost becoming insufferable, almost.

Slowly coming down the stairs, Ive already learnt from Jayden's previous rants that i should approach the stair 'slowly and carefully' because and i quote "even my own feet could cause me and the baby danger if I'm rushing and fall over them." Just one of many 'safety precautions' hes implementing.

Entering the lounge, Jayden's stood pacing and too caught up in his own thoughts that he hasn't heard me approach. I have to clear my throat to get his attention, looking up at me he gives me a heart stopping smile while approaching me like I'm the most fragile and important thing in the world. "Come on lets go see our baby" he says lovingly as we head out of the door.

Lying on the hospital bed my stomach squirms with butterflies, hoping that our baby with be healthy, after going through so much recently i couldn't bare anything else going wrong.

"Just lift up your shirt Alexia" Dr Stacy requests, and i immediately comply "I'm going to put some gel on your stomach, it maybe a little cold" she informs me while tucking a paper towel in my trousers waistband.