Chapter 25

Alexia's POV

The next morning I'm still as confused as last night about the way i reacted to Crystal, i try to put it to the back of my mind, as Jayden has just called and him and Ryder will be here shortly. Jayden sounded really excited this morning and I'm not sure why he has so much enthusiasm for going shopping, i mean don't most guys hate shopping?

Hearing Jayden's car pull up I'm quick to exit the front door and greet my son, at least in a couple of weeks i will see Ryder everyday and wont have to go through the separation anxiety every other night i currently have.

"Good morning Alexia, are you ready to go shopping? Ryder's excited, hes not stopped talking about it all morning" Jayden jokes. I look down at Ryder and he just giggles up at me, his green eyes sparkling and a big smile on his face. "You want to go shopping with mummy and daddy, baby boy?" i ask Ryder, to which i receive a few gurgling noises, I'm just going to assume is a yes from him.

Getting in to the car, Jayden excitement for today seems to rub off on me, and I'm now looking forward to picking items out. After all the sooner this is all done, the sooner i can spend every night with my adorable son.

Oh my god what was i thinking? this shopping trip is torture! So far we've been in several stores and in nearly everyone there's been a sales girl that really wants to 'help' Jayden with his shopping. Despite the fact that Ryder and i were next to him, we basically went un-noticed by some, and one girl had me so angry i had to leave the store.

*Flash back*

As soon as we enter the store and young girl around 17 or 18 approached us, she glanced at me and then she noticed Jayden and her mouth dropped open. It was comical at first, her mouth was opening and closing like a fish and i had to stifle a laugh. I know Jayden's good looking, and its easy to get lost in his gorgeous face. In the end i had to snap my fingers in her face to get her attention, she snapped out of it and quickly gave me a scowl. Jayden looked amused at this and i wanted to slap him but i refrained and quickly told the girl what kind of items we were looking for. For the next thirty minutes i watched her bat her eyes lashes at Jayden every few seconds, touch him at every opportunity and the final straw came when we were just finishing up and i noticed she slipped him a piece of paper with her number on it. My wolf was going crazy with the need to tell the girl that he was ours, and if she still continued to flirt, then she literally wanted to rip her to shreds. I found myself losing control of my body as my wolf wanted to take over and assert dominance over the girl. I had to make a hasty excuse to go to the bathroom so i could get her to calm down. It didn't help that i was angry that she was openly flirting with him, even through Jayden had told her Ryder was his son and i was stood with them the whole time, it didn't seem to bother her. Other than the scowl she gave me when we entered the store she basically acted like i wasn't there, which is just plain rude.

*End of Flash Back*

"Come on lets get something to eat, before we head back to the new house" Jayden says, bringing me out of my murderous thought. Realizing that i am actually hungry after spending all morning shopping i quickly agree. Heading to a little cafe i finally find myself relaxing and looking forward to eating something, Ryder starts fussing so i know he wants his bottle now too. I smile down at Ryder, even though hes fussing a little her rarely cries, hes such an amazing baby.

After ordering food we sit down waiting for it to arrive, i get Ryder out of his pushchair and Jayden hands me his bottle, which Ryder immediately starts gulping down as soon as its in his mouth. "Someones hungry" Jayden comments, "i guess all this shopping has given him an appetite" i joke. Our cheeseburgers and fries arrive just a Ryder finishes, as hes fallen asleep while drinking his bottle, i put him back in his pushchair so i can dig into my mouth watering food, while Jayden and i discuss what still needs to be done today.

Jayden's POV (while shopping)

I'm so excited to be spending the day with Alexia and Ryder i can barely contain my excitement, especially as it feels like we are a normal family shopping for things for our new house. Walking into the first shop i immediately get the attention of the sales girl, i want to try and keep any males away from Alexia if possible. Shes looking stunning today in her black skinny jeans and tank top, her hair is up in a messy bun giving her the just got out of bed look which i love, and shes applied a little lip gloss, which is taking me all the effort i have not to kiss it off her edible lips.

Entering yet another store i feel happy that no other males have had the opportunity to flirt with her, although i noticed a few of the female staff have tried to flirt with me, but Ive simply ignored them, Alexia is the only girl I'm interested in. The girl in this store openly gawks at me, and i notice Alexia trying not to laugh, she has to snap her fingers at the girl in the end and i notice the girl scowling at her. My wolf is screaming at the disrespect to his mate the girl has shown her, while I'm amused Alexia handles everything so well. Over the next thirty minutes the girls flirting gets worse and its seriously pissing me off, i try to ignore her as much as possible, but she seems to find any excuse to brush past me. I notice Alexia looking annoyed at her, but I'm not sure why, its not like she could be jealous, maybe she sees how uncomfortable i am and that's why shes annoyed? Just before we finish the girl hands me a piece of paper with her number on and i feel myself getting angry at her. Alexia states she has to go to the bathroom and i take this opportunity to put the girl straight. I immediately inform her that her behaviour is unacceptable, and inform the store manager about her behaviour in front of my 'girlfriend'. I know Alexia wouldn't appreciate me calling her that but as shes not here, i figured she wouldn't mind. The store manager apologizes for the distress his employee has caused and i quickly leave the store in search for Alexia.

Finally finding her, she looks calmer and i quickly ask if she wants to get some food, Ive been starving for the past hour, but just wanted to get the furniture sorted so ignored my hungry belly. Watching Alexia feeding Ryder while he drifts off to sleep makes my heart swell, shes such a good mother, even when our food arrives and i hear her belly grumble, she makes sure Ryder is sorted before eating. Sitting with her discussing plans for our house calms my wolf down, he really wanted to hurt the girl from the store, so being around Alexia and Ryder settles him a lot. I just cant wait until the house is finished and we can start being a proper family.

Alexia's POV

Walking into the new house, i immediately remember how beautiful it is, its so spacious and light, and i can see myself living here happily once the house is finished.

"Jayden hunny, i wasn't expecting you until later, let me show you the designs for the house" i hear Crystals annoying voice call from the kitchen area. Hunny really? i mean its not like they are lovers or something. This thought has my wolf growling, calm down i chant to her.

"Alexia are you ok?" i hear Jayden's concerned voice asking. Looking up at him i reply "Yeah I'm fine just taking in the house, its just so beautiful." He seems happy with my reply and i follow him over to Crystal so we can go over the plans. Immediately Crystal brushes against Jayden, but he doesn't seem to notice as hes intently looking over each idea for each of the rooms in the house. He passes me the papers and i have to begrudgingly admit, her ideas are really good, i was hoping in the back of my mind that they would be bad so we could hire someone else, but no so such luck!

"So what do you think darling?" Crystal asks while putting her hand on Jayden's shoulder, 'don't rip her arm off, don't rip her arm off' i chant, trying to keep a hold of my wolf who wants to do just that. Ive had one hell of a morning and my afternoon looks set me be worse, i think to myself. I just hope i can practice that self control Ive been working on.