Chapter 1

I woke up with a start then cursed in frustration when I realized I had had this stupid recurring dream 3 nights in a row. It used to freak me out when I was younger but I had been having this dream for as long as I could remember now it was like my constant unwanted companion. When ever I felt sad, depressed or just lonely - there it was keeping me company at night. I checked the time on my phone : 3:56am.
I got out of bed with the intention of going to the loo only but I found it extremely tiring that after that dream I could never go back to sleep, so I went to the kitchen to get a little early morning snack. I opened the fridge and stared for a second at the yogurt then I reached for it, I closed the fridge and just as I was turning a movement caught my eye and I literally stopped breathing - only for a second.

"Finn." Phew! "You scared me."

"Er, you're always scared, Santana." He said nonchalantly with a shrug without looking up from the book in his hand.

"And you are always sneaky. What are you doing down here at night?" I asked folding my arms across my chest.

"Oh, I don't know, shaving?" He said sarcastically waving the book.

"So when you are in your room you are illiterate?" I shot back.

"No, I knew you were gonna come down here so I decided to scare you." He grinned at me.

He was adorable not just because he was my baby brother but he actually was very cute. But I never wanted him to know that.

"Well done then." I said then I remembered something he said. "Wait, how did you know I was going to be here?"

"You are having a series of That Dream. " he stated simply as if that explained everything.
I walked over to him and sat in a chair next to him.

"How the hell did you know that?" I asked him. How did he knows these things?!

"Because i'm not stupid, Santana." He responded still leaving me unanswered

"Really? Could have fooled me." I mumbled making sure he heard me. "Seriously, how did you know?"

He merely shrugged. "Well, it looks like my job is done here." He got up and stretched then he looked at me for a moment then his expression softened. "Ready for school tomorrow? Well, today."

I sighed heavily. It was the first day of my senior high school year and school had not been an easy ride for my brother and I.
"Am I ever?" I rubbed my eyes. And of course the best way to start a new school year was to not get enough sleep on the first day. Urgh.

"Don't worry it will be better this year. I have a feeling." Finn told me with a pat on my shoulder.
Of course it would be better for him, he was funny, people loved him. Me on the other hand, people hated me and i was trying by all means to stay invisible but no, someone always had to put me on the spot and embarrass me.

"If you say so, bro." I mumbled and I jumped off the chair, grabbed my yogurt off the counter and I turned to Finn.

"If mum asks, i'm telling her you ate the yogurt." I told him.
"What? Why?"

"That's what you get for scaring me." I stated brushing past him as I headed for the stairs.

"Don't be late for school." He called out behind me.

"Of course not, wouldn't wanna delay getting whiplashed now, would I?" I retorted with a smirk.

My life sucked.
That was the plain truth. My fate had already been decided for me before I was even born when my grandmother decided to be the town psycho. I don't remember her much but what I do remember was that she was always muttering something and writing illegible stuff on paper, walls or anything that could be written on. It was ridiculous. And it being a small town, everyone knew about her 'sickness' it made headline news for many years because my family practically founded the town. A lot of industries and some schools were founded by my great great great great? grandparents.