Epilogue

One year later...

I was a good distance away but I could see Santana playing nervously with her graduation cap. It was a warm day and everyone was pretending to listen to the valedictorian speech which was being delivered by one of Santana's perky classmates.

We had all come to the graduation; me, Finn, Shelly and Cedric. It had not been easy convincing Santana to stay at the base. Apparently she had her heart set on finding her own apartment and I wouldn't have it. Much to my relief, Shelly insisted she needed her grandchildren with her so that had changed Santana's stubborn mind. She and Finn had started going to a nearby school. Most of the supernaturals found it funny that they actually wanted mortal education.

Gisele had been predictably livid about my relationship with Santana that she had gone for a three day hunt. If she had her way she would have made Santana's life a living hell. Hopefully she would be over it soon. She was actually a pleasant woman when she wasn't too busy being a jealous bitch.

Cedric had also brooded for days but he got over it quickly. I guess he found a way to convert his love for Santana into friendship. I was still keeping an eye on him though because Santana refused to believe Cedric had feelings for her. Even after everything she was still so trusting and naive - some of the things I loved about her.

As for her parents, they had tried many times to get in contact with their children but Santana was having none of it. She never once spoke to her father but she was definitely softening more towards her mother. She didn't know it yet but I had invited them to her graduation.

The valedictorian had finally finished her speech and they had started handing out diplomas.

She was part of the honor roll students so her name was called out early. I watched as she walked up the stage, shook hands with the headmistress, take her diploma walk to the sponsor to pose for a photo and i watched as he placed a hand on the small of her back. I tensed involuntarily. I had a problem with people putting their hands on her.

Cheers erupted from either side of me as Finn and Cedric stood up to cheer her on. I stood too counting the seconds until that man took his hand off her body. The camera flashed, he let her go and she climbed down the stairs. She had a huge grin on her face as she ran towards us, we were already pulling out if the seating area.

"Finally!" She shrieked as soon as she reached us. Finn hugged her and so did Cedric and Shelly then she finally turned to me and jumped into my waiting arms.

"Finally." I whispered in her ear. She released me then stepped back.

"Come on, let's get out of here." She took my hand and led our group out of the celebrating crowd. We walked to the exit.

"That valedictorian, what's her name again?" Finn asked.

"Megan Turner." Santana supplied.

"Someone needs to teach her to control her mouth! That speech was days long!" Finn complained.

"I know! I have grey hair now!" Cedric groaned.

I chuckled. "Me too."

"It was a good speech though." Shelly put in.

"Meh, it was alright." Santana said with a tiny tilt of her head.

We reached the exit and stepped out into the sun.

"If I'm ever valedictorian, I'm singing instead of speaking." Finn declared.

"That should be interesting considering you sound like a horse that's being slaughtered when you sing." I said with a smirk.