Chapter 17

My heart was pounding mercilessly in my chest as I sneaked out of the house into the huge garage. Luckily, I located my car with no trouble at all. Just as Cedric had promised, the garage door was open so I easily got into my car which I had sorely missed, started the engine and eased it out of the garage. I didn't turn on the lights just in case someone might still be awake. In the afternoon I had walked the length of the driveway twice so I could muster the turns and bends 'coz  I'd really hate to ram my car into something. My heart still beating fast, I raved the engine and drove quickly to the gate which also stood wide open. Man, this was almost too easy!

I stopped just outside the gate and in a second, Cedric jumped in and before he could settle in I had already stepped on the gas pedal and sped away from our base. From the rear view mirror I saw the massive gate sliding closed. I felt so... forlorn. Like I had left something behind. As the gate became smaller and smaller, the feeling increased. I also started to panic.

What was I doing? Was this going to work? What if I got all of us killed? Cedric will surely hate me for getting him killed! And he will never talk to me again! Well, he will be dead but what if there was afterlife? What about Gabriel? What was he going to do when he notices we were not in the house? What will he do when he finds us all dead?

"Santana? Are you okay?" Cedric's voice broke my string of panicked thoughts.

"Wha'?" I was gasping for air because my throat suddenly felt constricted. I was also zig zaging across the road.

I screamed.

"Hit the brakes!" Cedric yelled holding on to the dashboard for dear life.

I hit the brakes and the Range stopped crossed right through the middle of the road.

Cedric and I were both breathing hard.

"What the hell is there matter with you? Are you trying to kill us?"  Cedric yelled.

"Sorry. I sorta had a panic attack, I think." I said still panting.

"Well are you okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine." I nodded finally getting control of my breathing.

"THEN GET US OFF THE BLOODY ROAD! My God! Do you have a death wish, woman?" Cedric bellowed.

I just stared at him for a second then I burst out laughing and almost immediately Cedric joined me. In a few seconds we were both shaking in a hysterical fits of laughter. If someone was to ask why we were laughing, I would really have no idea what to say in reply. And the laughter just kept coming.

"Nooo..." I groaned breathlessly clutching my stomach which was now painful from all the laughing. "Stoooop."

Cedric was clutching his side too, lying back on his seat and panting hard. "Don't take this as a hint to continue laughing but if a car comes now we will literally become roadkill."

I grinned at him then started the engine again. Evening out the car on the road, I continued our journey. Cedric punched the address in the GPS.

After that we drove for about fifteen minutes in complete silence.

"I think you are bipolar." Cedric suddenly said breaking the silence.

"What?"

"Bipolar. You have extreme mood swings that-"

"I know what bipolar means. I mean why do you say that?" I snapped slightly annoyed.

"See? That's what I'm talking about. One minute you are having a panic attack, next you are hysterically laughing, next you are silent and seemingly socially awkward and now you are irritated." He explained.