Chapter 27

I had been driving for about 3 hours. I couldn't remember this trip being so long when we left home. It was the next day and i had woken up early in the morning to head back to my school. Well maybe it was more accurate to say my old school? The future seemed so bleak now that my parents had turned out to be sadistic haters of the supernatural. But at least I had Nana and Finn.

Last night after Gabriel had so rudely and hurtfully run after Gisele. I gripped the steering wheel harder. I couldn't believe him. After the time we'd had together on the roof he just left! I was right, he didn't have feelings for me and I had been stupid enough to think he had. But surely he felt something for me...right? Otherwise he wouldn't have gone all out to save me, right? I hadn't slept all night trying to figure this out then in the early hours of the morning, I had an epiphany. The only person who had ever managed to set my head straight about human things was Lola. My best friend. Once I had reached the conclusion that I needed Lola I could hardly wait for the sun to come up. I took my time to shower and get dressed then I had left the base.

Now I was passing through town and I realized i had missed this place. It had been more than 3 weeks since I left and it felt weird seeing normal people - mortals. Later I would go to our house, I missed it there but for now, i needed my best friend. I managed to reach school before classes had started as was my aim. I drove to the parking lot and parked my car the the space I always used.
Lola's Mini Cooper was already parked in her spot next to mine. I got out and locked the doors behind me. The school still had the same oppressive scent that it always had but the only difference this time was that I had risen above it. It nolonger affected me at all.

I flipped my curly hair as I walked down the lot. I had wished many times I could come to school as myself and i finally did it. It was so liberating I felt like skipping down the parking lot. I didn't even care about the people who were staring at me the way they always did.

A group of the populars had just noticed me, and they started towards me.

"Well well, look who has decided to show up to school." A jock who's name I couldn't remember said stopping right in front of me.

"You are in my way." I said.

"You have some nerve coming back here, psycho. I thought you had finally reached breaking point." Amy said with a frown.

"Last I was here, people were calling you psycho. How are you holding up?" I tilted my head to the side and just when she was about to answer I raised my hand to stop her. "Oh wait. I don't care."

She gasped dramatically. I tried to walk around them but another one of their entourage blocked me again

"I heard you went to live in the forest with the foxes. And judging by your hair, it's true" she said.

Before I could retort something, Amy interjected. "I read somewhere that living with animals is something mad people tend to do."

"Whoa Amy, you can read?" I was genuinely surprised.

She gasped dramatically again. "You listen to me, you little shit-"

"Amy? Whats going on?" Lola's voice called out from behind me.

I turned around. "Lola." I smiled at her as she walked up to us.

"Santana? What are you doing here?" She asked looking confused. She passed me by and went to stand next to Amy.

I frowned. "Are you friends with them now?" I asked not wanting to believe it.

At least she had the decency to look abashed.

"Yeah that's right, order was finally restored in your absence. Lola is now friends with her own kind." Amy sneered.

My mouth hung open as I looked from Amy to Lola. "Lola? Is this true?"