Chapter 4

I glanced at Finn in shock.

"Where did he go?" I asked my eyes wide.

"Are you asking me that? The man is a werewolf!" Finn said incredulously.

It was then that it dawned on me: a man had turned into a giant wolf before my very eyes. I felt the earth shift under my feet as I swayed dangerously to the side. Next thing I knew, I was consumed by darkness.

"Santana, open your eyes, come on!" Someone said angrily.

I forced one of my eyes to open expecting to be totally blinded by light but it was completely dark. I opened the other eye. It was still dark. Had I fainted?

"Finn?" I whispered.

"What?" He snapped angrily.

What was he so mad about?

"Did I pass out?" I asked trying to sit up. Finn didn't even try to help me.

"No, you were horse riding." Came the sarcastic response.

I groaned realizing we were still outside in the dark at the exact same spot I had been standing. "You didn't move me?"

"No." He said finally reaching out his hand to help me up. "Mum and dad were going to start asking questions." Finn stated with a small frown,

"Oh." I said simply and started shaking the dust off my clothes. I still felt a little woozy but I wasn't going to lie on that ground again.
I stood up straight trying to get a grip on myself. I released a breath. I had to stay calm. Keeping my mind determinedly blank, I glanced up at Finn and found him studying me closely.

"What?" I breathed.

"Are you okay?" He asked concern etched on his face.

I glared at him for a second then started marching angrily towards the house. Why had he not told me that he was a "seer" ? He probably knew I was a "guardian" but he chose to not to tell me.

The jerk.

All the confusion that had been breaking me down slowly in the past days could have been avoided if only he had told me. What a jerk!

"Santana." He said catching up with me. "Are you mad at me?"

I snorted but said nothing as I continued walking. Why wasn't this property smaller? I might hit him before we got to the house.
He was my brother, the one who should always have my back and he kept something like this from me. I wanted to turn around and slap him but he was bigger than me.

"Wait, Santana." He said grabbing me by the arm. "Let's talk about this before we get inside."

I stopped and glared at him. "Oh, now you want to talk? Alright, let's talk." I drew an angry breath. "You knew about me, didn't you?" I asked my eyes daring him to deny it.

"Santana-"

"Didn't you?" I hissed.

He sighed. "I wasn't sure. All the stuff I thought I knew was just guessing. I had no proof." He justified himself.

"Still, you should have just told me what you thought." I stated.

"Uh huh and you would have totally believed me." He scoffed.

I lowered my eyes my anger subsiding. He was right. I wouldn't have believed him. I would have said he was losing it.

"Fine." I conceded. "What else do you know?"

"I know that a bunch of weird stuff is about to happen in the next few months." He shrugged.

"What's going to happen?" I asked sharply my voice a little squeaky in panic.