Chapter 26

The first place I went to look was his office and his room but he wasn't there. After that I went to the kitchen, fresh hell and everywhere else looking for him. I also asked several people but no one had seen him. Was he even here? I was starting to wonder. The house was quite huge so I spent several minutes of searching i decided to give up. Gabriel wasn't here. Maybe he had errands to run.

After running into Farah, I discovered that he had indeed gone for some errands because apparently there was a ball tonight to celebrate the return of Shelly. I wondered if she knew about it. She hadn't mentioned it to me. It was probably a surprise, I thought as I headed to my room. According to Farah, the ball was to be in 4 hours from now, after dark. But I had to pass by Finn's room and confirm this.

I rapped on the door twice before i let myself in. Instant regret.
Finn was lying shiftless on his bed between the vampire twins. But thankfully they were both dressed.

"Oh God!" I screamed covering my eyes. "What the hell?!" I screamed.

"Oh stop it, we weren't doing anything!" Finn said sounding amused.

"Then why are you naked?" I asked my eyes still covered.

"If you removed that hand from your face you'll realize that I'm actually not naked." He said flatly.

I sneaked a peak through my fingers and found the twins sitting up but Finn was still lying down. I removed my hand completely. "Don't tell me, I don't wanna know." I proclaimed.

"I wasn't going to tell you." Finn put in with a smirk.

"Good."

"Did you want something?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Is it true that there's a ball?" I asked stiffly.

"Yeah, they announced it about an hour ago." One of the twins replied.

"Why don't they just call a party?" Finn asked.

"Because it's too elegant and dressy to be called a party. You need to pull out all the stops." The other twin said with a happy smile.

"We are wearing Vera Wang." Twin 1 said smiling at Finn. "I think you will like it." She traced his arm with her finger.

I shuddered. "I have seen enough!" I turned away and ran out of the room. I reached my room and I shut the door behind me. I shuddered again as the image of a girl caressing my brother printed itself in my mind. At least he had someone. The only guy I couldn't stop thinking about wasn't here for me to thank him. But surely he should be back for the ball. He wouldn't miss it coz it was for Nana.

But what would I wear? What would I wear that would knock him dead? I walked over to the closet and opened it. Hmm...there were too many choices and if I really wanted to impress Gabriel I would need help.

Cedric.

I grinned.

*

Soft music was playing downstairs as I walked down my corridor. With Cedric and one maid's help, I had settled on an off shoulder, body hugging silver mermaid dress. And black strapy heels to match my black clutch bag. The maid had stylishly piled my hair on top of my head and she had also done my makeup well enough to cover the bruises. I felt great! And this was confirmed by Cedric who was walking towards me in the corridor ready to escort me to the ball.

He whistled appreciatively. "He is going to pass out when he sees you." He said looking me over.

I blushed. "I'm not trying to impress anyone!" I linked my arm with his.

"Like hell you are not." Cedric laughed as we walked hand in hand down the stairs.

My heart was pounding in tune with the music as we inched nearer. I could see elegantly dressed supernaturals wandering about and standing in little groups.