Chapter 12

Let the games begin. I thought as I entered Fresh Hell the next morning. I was dressed in a blue skins and a sports vest I had found in the closet along with a pair of sneakers.

It had been a rather long night but I fought through it. Believe me, i had been tempted to call him to my room but it took super human efforts to resist. Having him in my room would have just made the situation worse. So now I was going to get the truth out of him.

I pushed open the door and walked in. I stopped dead in my tracks. The room was empty.

I was five minutes late but Gabriel wasn't here? I slowly wondered in thinking maybe he was hiding somewhere.

"Gabriel?" I called.

Nothing. Hmm...

I walked further into the room and sat on one of the chairs and decided to practise what I had learnt yesterday.

I had my weights with me so I started juggling them in the air but that soon got boring so a started flinging them across the room and back to me via mind control.

Just when I was about to give up, the door opened.

"It's about time..." I started then stopped.

It wasn't Gabriel.

"Hey you start without me." The newcomer said in I guessed a Spanish accent stretching his hand towards the weights and the went hurtling towards him and he caught them deftly.

He was wearing dark jeans and a shiny shirt along with black shoes doused in bling. I couldn't see his face, he had sunglasses on but his hair which he had in a sleek ponytail was blonde.

"Sorry?" I raised my eyebrows standing up from my chair.

He walked towards me and stopped two steps away from me.
"Wow. You really are beautiful." He said removing his dark glasses.

Now that I could see his face, he had light brown eyes and square features. He seemed to be in his forties but I guess in his day he was a good looking man, maybe?

"Who are you?" I asked in confusion.

"I'm Fabio. I'm Guardian like you. I come to train you." He told me with a huge grin.

"What?" No no. I didn't hear him right. "Where is Gabriel?"

"He ask me to...how you say...cover for him." He said setting down the weights on a nearby table. "We have a lot of fun, me and you. Yeah?" He winked at me.

He was the third Guardian. Why hadn't I met him before? And more importantly why would Gabriel ditch me? Was it because of what happened yesterday?

"Did Gabriel say why he wasn't coming?" I asked feeling a stab of pain.

Fabio frowned. "No. I was in Seattle and he call me last night to come and teach you. I take helicóptero I come here."

I could barely breathe because of the pain that hit me when he said that. Gabriel had called him from Seattle because he couldn't stand to teach me. I swallowed back my tears.

"Don't worry, cara. We have lots of fun." He came closer and patted my shoulder.

I didn't need sympathy from this stranger. "I'm fine. Shall we start?"

"Right. Telepathy." He started. "It's all about making connection with subject. It takes great control so its not simple for others but with Guardians we can talk together using telepathy. Other supernaturals cannot talk back with us." He explained.

I nodded. Trying not to be annoyed by his accent.

"I enter your mind now."

He said as I felt his gentle probing in my mind. Funny, the effect that this had on me was very mild compared to what I had with Gabriel. I took a deep breath and told myself not to think of him now. Later, I promised.