Chapter 14

There was a furry of activity as everyone was alerted to the arrival of the hunters. I watched in a panicked daze as the primal survival instincts of the creatures in front of me kick in. Fangs came out, claws were drawn, some even had swords. Gabriel was barking orders at everyone.

I quickly realized I had no weapon. If I was attacked I was sorely at the mercy of my attacker. I shrunk back in the shadows. I realized I was just scratching the surface of the supernatural and this was really terrifying.

"Santana! Go to Fresh Hell." Gabriel barked at me. "Now." He added when I didn't move.

I didn't need to be told twice, my feet grew wings as I sped downstairs to Fresh Hell.

Gabriel's POV

For once she listened.

I turned back to the matter at hand. I had been sort of expecting the hunters to show up but not quite so soon. But we were adequately prepared to fight though of course first and foremost, we had to try to reason with the enemy.

"Keep the forces on ready position only to attack at my command." I ordered Boyd. He nodded.

I made eye contact with Farah then we nodded at each other. It was time to head out. I took the lead and Farah, Gisele and Gibs were right behind me. Behind us were two werewolves, Cedric included, another vampire and a banshee. Finn had to stay inside, he was too inexperienced.

I opened the door and carefully headed out. It was sufficiently dark so the hunters could not be seen yet. We walked almost to the middle of the field.

"It's impolite break other people's windows." I said in my normal voice knowing fully well that they could hear me.

At my words, a group of eight hunters emerged from are dark bushes. They were led by a masked man. I felt my mates tense behind me. We all knew who that was.

Lucas 'Brute' Marino.

They stopped about fifteen meters away from us.

"I apologize. I was just saying hello." Lucas smiled a cold smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"To what do we owe this pleasure?" I asked keeping a careful eye out. The hunters didn't exactly stick by the rules of a fair fight.

"We heard you acquired a new weapon." He smirked.

I heart slammed in my chest. My instincts had been right. He had come for his daughter. "We acquired two weapons actually."

"I would like just that one." He smiled again. "And I'm here to take that weapon."

Cedric growled.

"We'd like to see you try." I growled coldly at him.

Almost on cue an arrow flew from one of the hunters behind
Lucas. Gisele skillfully dodged it as she launched herself at her attacker.

Just like that the action began.

Attack! I mindlinked to Boyd.

Cedric, go and make sure Santana is safe.

I launched myself at Brute punching him hard in the stomach. He merely stumbled then came at me punching my stomach too. I groaned at I stumbled but I managed to come back with a kick to his neck which he deflected and only managed to hit his side.

We tried not to kill other creatures but if the situation demanded, then we would have to kill. From the corner of my eye I saw Gisele tear off a man's arm.

By now the main line forces were on the ground fighting for survival. Fire arrows had the sky ablaze, ferocious growls and groans filled the air. The primal instinct was of course survival.
The hunters clearly meant business because they were unrelenting. They came for Santana and the wanted to get her no matter what.