Chapter Sixteen

Dorian's POV

Dorian's POV

"It's been three days, and she hasn't called me back!" I snapped. I looked in the mirror and noticed that the black tie was crooked. Groaning at myself for not getting it perfect, I pulled it undone and redid it again.

"Calm down Monsieur Impatient!" Jacob replied. Our usual morning business phone call had now turned into Jacob, stressing about the wedding. It then transpired into him asking about Alena and what our relationship was exactly. "What happened after you dropped her off?"

I stood in front of the mirror in silence, pulling the tie again.

"Dorian?"

"So, have you heard from Tony? He flew out last night."

"Dorian Marcus Bradley! Don't you dare try to change the-" I smirked at myself as I ended the phone call. I gave myself a one more look over in the mirror before taking my suit jacket off the hanger and onto myself. Walking out of the closet, I took my phone off the table. I could feel it vibrate in my hand and a text from Jacob appear on the screen.

Yak: You're a dick!

I typed out my response.

Dorian: Takes one to know one ;)

I slipped my phone into the inner suit pocket and grabbed my platinum Gucci watch from my bedside table.

My mood had somehow lifted as I went downstairs to grab breakfast. Walking down the mahogany staircase I had done so many times in my childhood, I came to a stop. I noticed my younger brother sulking the step. I sat beside Aleksander, hiding the grin that was trying to show up on my face. I reminisced about the amount of trouble I caused Mom and Dad when I was his age.

"What's the matter Alek?" I asked with a straight face, trying to sit on the step behind him.

Whatever his problem was, I would always find something humorous within it. An 8-year-olds problem would make my day. The classroom politics, the gym team arguments. The way they would complain about their lunch and try to swap it amongst their friends without the teachers noticing. I would try not to tease him when he would blow it out of proportion. Try being the key would. But I would envy my little brother. Oh, to be naïve again and not realise how big the world actually was.

He shuffled away from me and turned to the sage green wall. It was at that moment I realised that my baby brother was upset with me and I would suffer with the silent treatment for god knew how long.

"Okay then." I got up and walked down the remaining steps. "I guess I'll have all of mom's famous pancakes."

Just mentioning breakfast, Alek suddenly ran to the kitchen. I smiled at how fast he could go when food was mentioned. I followed him into the kitchen, hankering for one of mom's pancakes. Grabbing a mug from the cupboard, I poured myself some coffee fresh from the coffee machine.