Chapter Thirty-Two

My eyes flickered open to the dimly lit room

My eyes flickered open to the dimly lit room. Seeing the painting on the wall, and the phone and silver analogue watch at the bedside, I realised where I was. Stretching my body, I could feel the emptiness beside me. Turning over, I could see Dorian sitting on the side of the bed. The only thing he had on was a pair of black boxer briefs. The rest of him was bare. I didn't want him to put the rest of his clothes back on. Not yet.

I could hear the tapping of the keyboard and the clicks of the trackpad. My eyes roamed over his bare back and the little freckles all over his skin. I wanted to trace my finger mindlessly all over them. Connecting them as if they were stars on a constellation map.

I crawled towards him; my arms hugged around his neck. I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Hey," He murmured, turning his face towards me. His nose nuzzled against my cheek.

"I'm going to have to yank that MacBook from you, aren't I?" I whispered, kissing the slope of his neck.

Placing it on the bedside table, Dorian turned to me. All his undivided attention was now on me again. Those blue eyes roamed over me. I had missed him looking at me like that.

His hands grabbed hold of my waist as he laid me down on the bed. "Hi." He said with that smile of his.

"Hi," I smiled back. As he lay beside me, Dorian grabbed hold of the duvet, pulling it over our bare bodies.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, pulling me closer to him.

"Good," I hummed, tracing patterns on his bare chest.

"Just good?" He questioned with a raised brow.

"Better, now I'm with you."

"You need to have some water," He said, pushing my hair behind my ears.

"I'm okay."

"Nope," He said, shaking his head. "You need to drink some water. Don't argue with me."

Sitting up on my elbows, I watched him leave the bed and make his way to the mini-fridge that was stocked with goodies. Taking the bottle, he walked back to me. I let my eyes drift over every inch of his bare skin, taking in those hard abs and those shoulders I wanted to grip onto.

As he undid the cap and handed me the bottle, I watched him sit down again.

The cold liquid ran down my throat. I didn't realise how thirsty I was until I saw I had nearly emptied the small bottle. Placing on the empty bedside table next to me, Dorian climbed back into bed. His arm reached out for me, pulling me to lie beside him.

I let him. I wanted to be with him.

"I'm sorry for treating you that way." He said, his eyes filled with guilt.

"Don't apologise," I said, looking up at him. "I think you definitely made up for it. I'm sorry for calling you an asshole."

The regret left his face as he let out a low chuckle. "You don't need to apologise for that. Are you sure I made up for it?"