Chapter Thirty-Three

The day before a wedding something was bound to go wrong

The day before a wedding something was bound to go wrong. In a lot of situations, things could go wrong with the venue, either the bride or groom would get cold feet or everything would go as planned and then the commotion would happen after the wedding.

The morning of the rehearsal dinner, Beth's family and Jacob's side had finally all arrived at the venue. For Jacob, this would be the first time he would meet one of the most important members of his future wife's family.

Beth's Grandma.

Nana Jojo had the stereotype of being the grandma that cooked and fed her grandchildren whenever they came over, but like any other grandma and matriarch of the family, she cared about her children and grandchildren.

Shortly after the death of her son and the father of her grandchildren, Nana Jojo was the one to keep the household standing strong. Whilst her daughter grieved and her grandchildren were too young to understand what was going on, she was the one who cooked, cleaned and looked after everyone.

She did this with people who weren't her family... Even with people like me.

Charlie and I stood a distance away. Hiding behind the potted plant, the two of us tried to figure out what was going on between Jacob, Beth and Nana Jojo.

"She's proper looking at him... With a death stare and everything!" Charlie whispered harshly.

I looked up at Charlie with squinted eyes. "Why the hell are we hiding?"

Charlie let out a puff of air.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed with wide eyes. "You haven't told her about the baby!"

"Shh!" Charlie hissed.

"How could you not tell her about the baby?"

"Have you met my grandmother?" He exclaimed loud enough for the two of us to hear. "The woman is so traditional, she would put me six feet under next to my dad, find me a wife, bring me back to life, get me married and then say, 'Your child now has two parents. Like they should have had in the beginning.'" Charlie mimicked before letting out a heavy sigh

I blinked my eyes with surprise. "Okay, fair enough."

"Sorry about saying the six feet under comment," Charlie said looking up at me with an apologetic look.

"To be honest it didn't bother me." I shrugged my shoulder and peeked over at Beth and Jacob.

"Huh, I'm actually very proud of you!"

"Thank you," I beamed. "I'm proud of me too! So, when is your baby going to make an appearance."

"At the wedding reception. That way no one can get mad at me. Umm, can I ask you something?"

"You know you can."

"Have you and Dorian had sex yet?"

My mouth dropped open as my cheeks started to feel as if they were burning.