Chapter Twenty-Four

I was a mess when it came to packing

My entire bedroom had clothes strewn across the floor and on top of my bed. I sat in the middle of the bedroom, looking around me. I looked at the packed suitcase that stood against my bedroom door. What the hell had I done?

"Wow," Dorian simply stated.

"I'm stuck." I said, looking up at him.

"I can tell." He said, leaning against the door frame. "You've got a lot to clear up."

"Can you help me up?"

"Where do I go?" He asked, trying to find a clear bit of space to step in. Two hops later, Dorian came into the middle of the room. Holding his hand out, I grabbed onto them and pulled myself up.

"Hi," I sighed.

"Hi," He whispered. His arms wrapped around my body as he kissed the top of my head.

"Look on the bright side," He whispered, lifting my head up so I could look at him. "You're all packed and ready to go."

I sighed heavily and looked up at him. We both knew the real reason I was feeling low. He couldn't come with us for the first week of Jacob and Beth's celebrations and would have to catch a flight to London a week later.

"Come on, Alena," He said, taking my hand and walking me through the mess and to the sofa. As I sat down beside him, I couldn't help but lean my head on his shoulder. Dorian kissed my forehead again. His soft lips lingered on my head. If I could freeze this moment in time, now would be perfect.

The last two weeks had been hectic for the both of us. Dorian and Jacob had to have minor alterations in their suits. Beth and I were able to order my bridesmaid dress and have it sent to Beth's Mum's house ready for the wedding. The wedding planner Dorian had hired sorted out the rest. She was already in London, sorting out everything there. The flowers and decorations were chosen, and the details were sent to the venue. The cake design and flavour were chosen and sent to the bakery Beth and I would both go to after school. I honestly couldn't wait to have a piece of that after the wedding.

I rested my head on Dorian's shoulder as he played with a lock of my hair. I was nervous. Not because of the wedding, but because I would go back to the place which I had left behind. I had to tell Dorian. It was killing me inside. I wanted him to know what had happened why I had left. Why I had changed myself. As I looked up at him, I could tell he had been looking at me all this time.

"You look stressed," Dorian uttered.

I wanted to tell him everything. It felt like my throat was closing. I was finding it hard to swallow, let alone speak.

"There's a reason I moved here, Dorian," I confided.

"Don't say anything," Dorian replied in a murmur.

I looked up at him, confused. My heart was beating as fast as a hummingbird's flapping wings.

"I've barley seen you in the last two weeks," He said, his eyes wondering down to my lips and back up to meet my eyes. I missed seeing those blue eyes for the past two weeks. His lips hovered over mine, feeling as if they were teasing me for a kiss.