Chapter Twenty-Five

Dorian's POV

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Dorian's POV

I knew what she had run away from. I knew she had moved away from London. I knew what happened after I had said no to Rhys' proposal. I knew what plans she was manipulated into. The same plans created by the man who was her father. I knew her mother had left for her own selfish reasons. The person she had loved was dead and buried back where she would be visiting. My father hired the person she loved. I knew all of this, yet I still didn't tell her. I didn't know how to tell her.

I didn't know how to tell her because she loved me.

She loved me.

She told me she loved me.

And I told her I loved her back.

As I parked the car outside the brownstone house I had grown up in, I sighed and leant my head against the headrest. I closed my eyes, trying to bring myself a piece of peace. All those times I had told her not to worry about telling me about her past was because I knew what happened. I wanted to save her from telling me. I wanted to say I knew. What if she blamed me? What if I was the reason for the heartbreak she faced?

I looked out of my window and saw Alek playing on the steps of the house with his nanny, Dorothea. She was an older lady with curly hair and wrinkles on her skin. Before Mom and Dad hired her, I ran a background check on her. Dorothea was a widow who lost her husband ten years ago. They never had children; I didn't want to pry. She had worked all her life as a teacher and now she was retired. She missed having children in her life. Alek wasn't the only child she looked after. She looked after other children, especially babies - she had told me that. The only time she needed to look after Alek was when neither of my parents were available. And today was one of those times.

Rolling down the window, I cleared my throat loud enough to grab Alek's attention from the Legos.

As soon as he realised who was in the car, he bolted down the steps and tried to open the car door. Telling him to move away, I opened the door to invite him to sit in the passenger's seat. Climbing over me and crawling across the car, he was finally sat comfortably.

Dorothea climbed down the steps with a smile.

"Mr Bradley," she waved. "Will you be joining us for ?"

"Dorothea, please call me Dorian," I said to her again. "I guess so. Are my parents' home?"

She looked at Alek, not sure what to say.

From that one look, I knew my parents were at a doctor's appointment for Dad.

"We'll be inside in 10 minutes." I told her. With a comforting smile, she turned to go back inside.

I turned to Alek, who was sitting like a prince on a throne.

"Hi," He said with a giggle.

"What's up Alek?" I asked with a smirk.