Chapter 10: I Wouldn't Be Surprised If Our Nightmare Wasn't Over

Time is getting closer to the evening. The stranger is still hiding from everyone and tries not to show up, as he is afraid to be recognized by some of his familiar people and suffer somehow. In a few minutes, he is supposed to have a meeting with someone. The man walks in circles in his apartment for a long time and thinks about something, looking more anxious than before. Just because he recently got a call from his familiar and heard that one got some important news. That's why the scared stranger scheduled a meeting to find out everything that one knows.

Some time later, someone loudly knocks at the door. The stranger braces himself quickly, pumps a lot of air into his lungs, and goes to the hall to unlock the door.

"Who is there?" the stranger asks loudly.

"It's me," some man replies.

"Alright."

The stranger quickly unlocks the decrepit locker, opens the door, and sees an adult man at the same age or a little older than him. The hazel-eyed guest has fewer thin hairs on his head and wears square glasses due to vision issues and simple clothes that could be found at any low-priced shop.

"Good afternoon again," the visitor greets and shakes the stranger by the hand. "Sorry for bothering you, but I thought you should have known it."

"It's alright, you did not bother me," the stranger replies confidently. "Come in."

The stranger quickly closes the door, and the visitor comes into the apartment and looks around with interest.

"Honestly, you scared me by your call," the stranger confesses excitedly when he comes to his visitor and takes him to the small room where there is an old bed, a shabby writing table, a squeaky chair, and a small closet for clothes. "I thought something horrible had happened."

"I was also terrified when I found it out," the visitor replies. "And sadly, I really don't have any good news."

"Is everything so bad?"

"Not yet, but I'm afraid everything may get worse."

"Oh, my gosh..." the stranger closes his mouth with a hand with horror in his eyes. "I'm getting afraid..."

"But you should know it. Know what to expect and be afraid of."

"Erm, yes, sure," the stranger points at a chair placed near a small table with a shaking hand. "Sit down, please..."

"Thanks a lot."

The guest quietly sits on the chair and puts something from his things on the small table. And then the excited stranger sits in front of him on a chair.

"Speak, Victor," the stranger says with sadness in his eyes. "I want to know everything! Did you find out something else but the fact that my close people are in danger?"

"I have two pieces of bad news for you..." Victor replies thoughtfully. "One of them is bad, but another is very bad. What do you want to hear first?"

"Very bad."

"Alright, as you want." Victor says nothing for two seconds. "I recently contacted my informant. And I found out that the person, who tried to kill you, is not going to stop after believing you died. Unfortunately, he is going to make an attempt to kill your close people."

"My close people?" the stranger rounds his eyes, getting a little white from horror. "But who? Are his plans so serious? Is he going to destroy everyone to be connected with me?"

"Yes," Victor nods. "He is not going to stop and is doing his best to find everybody, who is connected with you. I mean, that man has found some people, who may suffer at the nearest time."