Chapter 31: We Need Time To Come To Ourselves

It seems like Raquelle, Natalia, Terrence, and Edward can be happy that Michael MacClife has been arrested. But none of them gets better. Nobody feels the happiness that they are supposed to feel. Also, nobody rushes to say something, as the four are in the car of Raquelle, who is driving it. Sitting in the passenger seat, Terrence sets his dead gaze into the distance, and Edward and Natalia sitting in the backseat move their tired eyes to the window.

Raquelle would like to talk to Terrence, Edward, and Natalia, but she sees nobody wants to talk and does not ask anyone questions. She understands that everybody is deeply shocked and trying to accept what they discovered and experienced. Just like the girl, who is watching the road with a sad gaze, squeezing the steering wheel tightly, and thinking about something. Though, Raquelle sometimes glances at Terrence, who is nervously fingering over and recalling what happened today, feeling shame, regret, shock, sadness, and tension at the same time.

Probably, Edward feels much worse than the others. Today, too much happened, broke him down, and made him feel shame. A much stronger shame than the one he got obsessed with when he recognized all his mistakes. When he realized how much he did, and how he turned all his close people against him. Even if they know all his secrets, he does not feel any kind of relief. Edward thinks he will never feel it. Especially, after today's events, when he had to get blushed from shame, wanted to be swallowed by the ground, and was seriously ready to kill himself to stop suffering. After everything that has lately happened, Edward is afraid to look into the eyes of those, with whom he is now in the car. He wants to leave them as soon as possible and hide somewhere, so nobody finds him, thinking someone would hardly find him and care about his fate.

Natalia does not feel better. She has been strongly tense over the past few months because of what has happened to her. The four days she spent at Michael's house and today's events sucked the strength out of her and even deprived her of hope that she would be able to smile again. And become the positive girl that she was somehow. It was madly hard for her to forget about all her fears to protect herself and prove that she was not so weak and cowardly. Natalia was afraid that one of her actions could easily deprive her of life. But the girl just faced her fear and expressed her readiness to sacrifice herself and stand up for those, who she loved with all her heart.

Also, Terrence, Natalia, and Edward are grateful to Raquelle for organizing the mission to get Michael arrested. If not for her, Victor, Darwin, and Jamie, they would have hardly been in the car of the girl, being terribly exhausted, depressed, and emptied, but alive and unharmed. The three believed they could count on her and held on thanks to this belief. And Raquelle herself is happy the plan came true, and her close people did not suffer because of Michael. She showed her love and readiness to do anything for the well-being of her beloved man, her best friend, and her fiancé's brother, whom she feels truly sorry for deep inside.

Nobody notices that Raquelle's car has passed the bigger part of the way. While the silence settles in the salon, and nobody even wants to turn on the radio, she starts to forget that there is something else in the car except her. That Terrence is not sitting in the passenger seat, leaning back, tightly locking his hands, and setting his dead eyes into the distance. That there is not Natalia, who puts her head on the door of the car and sets her dead eyes on the window. And Edward, who leans his head back and slightly turns it to the side, closing his eyes with a feeling that he is falling asleep more and more. At some moment, the red light of the traffic light turns on. Raquelle has to stop to follow the rules that even a little child knows. While she slightly knocks at the steering wheel with the fingers of one hand and keeps another one on the gearbox, the brunette thinks about something.

And when Terrence glances at her and puts his hand softly on her hand placed on the gearbox, she shakes slightly and moves her eyes at the man sharply. He smiles at her with an exhausted but true smile, looks at her with his tired, red eyes, and softly caresses her hand, the skin of which is very nice and velvety to touch. Raquelle also smiles at Terrence shyly, and she later gets her hand out of his hand, puts it on his hand, and caresses it tenderly. The man smiles much wider and shows his white, straight teeth when the girl slightly squeezes his hand. But a few seconds later, they have to let each other's hands go because they see the green light on the traffic light. And Natalia and Edward do not notice this cute moment because they are so busy with their thoughts that they notice nothing around them.