Chapter 22: Loving Such A Mean Man Is My Punishment

Two hours later, Daniel and Terrence went to the PR agency "Dark Side Management" to meet George Smith. Before doing this, Terrence said goodbye to his car and agreed to the repair. And Daniel kindly agreed to drive his friend to the studio and even home.

"I don't doubt George wanna make us explain the situation of Peter," Terrence assumes confidently, taking off the safety belt. "I forgot that the photos of the blond getting brought to the hospital were published everywhere."

"Yeah, I think so," Daniel agrees, leaving the car in the parking lot and switching off the motor. "And I don't doubt George saw them."

"And he's gonna start another scandal."

"But I don't know what we'd tell him," Daniel quickly gets the key out of the switcher, leaves the car, and locks it after Terrence leaves it.

"We won't hide anything and will tell him the truth," Terrence goes to the entry to the high building along with Daniel, who leaves him behind but catches him very quickly. "So, he knows our problems don't have to do with our alleged reluctance to work."

"You think he'll care?"

"Honestly, I give a fuck," Terrence says confidently. "But I'd know I wouldn't find excuses and would tell him the truth. We can't lie now. And I believe George does have a right to know what happened to Peter."

"I agree with you," Daniel aggress, opening the glossy hall door and entering the building of the agency, ending up in a large hall where there are fewer people. "And I give a fuck about whether Smith cares about that situation. We'll tell him everything, and he may do whatever he wants."

"Exactly! He can even disband this fucking band! If he cares only about the result and gives a damn about feelings and personal problems, it's his problem."

"I feel he's gonna piss us off earlier. Not waiting for the twentieth two."

"I won't get upset if he does it. That man presses so strongly that I feel uncomfortable. And I didn't get better after we got off him for a few days after that meeting."

"I won't get upset, either. Of course, I'll feel sorry for the wasted time, but if he wanna stop working with us, it's his business. And we'll think up something if we have the full band."

"Now I care about the band much less," Terrence comes to one of the elevators along with Daniel and presses the button to call it. "Now the important thing is that Peter survives and explains his action, letting us know how to behave and what to do not to hurt him again."

"Yeah..." Daniel glances aside for a second. "If not for Smith, I'd forget about the band and the term he gave... After what happened to Rose, I think the band is no longer important to me."

"Same. But since our manager made us come here, we should explain everything to that man."

A few seconds later, the elevator opens its doors. Daniel and Terrence quickly enter it, press the button of the floor they need, and keep talking, waiting for them to end up in the right place.

"Hey, aren't we late?" Daniel asks. "Smith is gonna cut off our heads if we don't come in time!"

"We have five or seven minutes to go," Terrence replies, looking at the watch he is wearing on his hand. "Don't worry, nothing will happen to your head."

"But our brains are gonna be well washed."

"It's okay, we'll take it. It's not the first time when we talk to him. It's unpleasant, but not mortally."

Daniel says nothing and just exhales sharply, raising his head and leaning on the wall of the elevator with his back. And some time later, it stops on the right floor and opens its doors. Terrence and Daniel quickly leave it and go to the office of George Smith down long halls. And after taking some distance, the guys come to the door they need, and MacClife, Sr., looking at Perkins and nodding, quietly knocks at the door.