Chapter 14: They Are Not Going To Leave Us Alone

It's about four o'clock. There are not so many people in one of the cafés in New York. A few seconds ago, two young and cute girls, a blonde and a brunette, entered here. Both have a short height, but the girl with blonde hair gathered into a loose tuft is a little taller than the brunette, who has her hair brushed in a puffy tail. When they enter the café, they start to look for a table to sit on, drink, and eat something. Some time later, the blonde suggests sitting at a free table near a window, and the brunette agrees shortly. The girls sit at the table and put their coats and bags near them.

A little later, a young, charming waiter, who looks like he is of the same age as the girls, comes to them. He gently smiles at both of them, but gives much more attention to the hazel-eyed brunette that he definitely liked. But the girl takes it indifferently and does not hurry to answer the man back.

"Good afternoon, girls," the waiter greets politely, holding a pen and a little notebook in his hands. "What are you going to order? If you want, I can give you a menu."

"Oh, no, no, thanks," the blonde glances at the waiter. "I know what I want... Please, give me a big glass of hot chocolate. I do want to get warm in this cold weather and make my mood a little better."

"Nice choice," the waiter quickly takes a note in the notebook, glances at the hazel-eyed brunette, and gives her a charming smile. "What do you want, sweet lady?"

"Same," the brunette smiles shyly. "We would really like to get warm..."

The waiter silently takes another note in the notebook.

"Alright..." the waiter says thoughtfully. "Do you want something yet?"

"Not yet," the blonde refuses politely. "But if we want something, we will call you."

"So, alright then. In this case, you will have to wait for a while. Your hot chocolate will be cooked in one minute."

"We will wait, do not worry," the brunette nods, folding her hands on the table.

"Alright. You will get your order soon."

The waiter leaves slowly, thinking about something with sadness in his eyes. The girls look at each other, and the blonde with gray-blue eyes laughs and smiles slyly.

"M-m-m, listen, Helene, I think that guy liked you," the blonde notices thoughtfully. "He got quite sad 'cause you talked to him a little coldly."

"Gosh, Jessica, what a stupid thing!" Helene smiles shyly. "I talked to him well. I wasn't rude and mean."

"I don't mean it, silly. He was giving you the eye, but you rejected him literally with a gaze."

"You do know I'm not interested in men like him. Even if I spoke to him, I wouldn't fall in love with him."

"Really?" Jessica rounds her eyes. "I thought that guy was pretty good. Young, sympathetic... Fits you so well..."

"If you want, you can try to get his attention on you. I'd be glad if you finally got your happiness."

"It'd hardly be possible," Jessica moves his eyes to the cash, near which the waiter, who accepted the girls' order, and is now looking at Helene. "Look, he's standing near the cash and looking only at you. As if I'm not here!"

"He can watch me if he wants," Helene crosses her arms over her chest. "I don't mind..."

"Oh, Helene, don't be so gloomy and sour! If you met a guy, you'd immediately be funnier. Your whole world goes around only some people. You did even refuse to celebrate your birthday, even if you had invited someone at home and had a party."