Chapter 30: I Will Always Care About Him

Meanwhile, Raquelle, Darwin, Victor, Jamie, and the policemen have arrived in the neighborhood where Michael's house is. They did not get too close to it and left their cars not far from the house not to get the attention of such a dangerous criminal. All this time, Raquelle has not been able to calm down. She is nervously shaking her leg, pulling the sleeves of her black leather jacket, and feeling that she is getting more obsessed with a strong panic. The breath is heavy, something is pressing on her chest, her hands get sweaty, and the thought that everything is too bad gets obsessed with her mind.

"Alright, Raquelle!" Darwin exclaims and gets the key out of the switcher after turning off the motor. "We've arrived!"

"Arrived?" Raquelle wonders and looks around quickly.

"Yes." Darwin points at the house of Michael, which he sees somewhere far away. "Michael's house is there. The largest one of those you see here."

"That's his house?"

"Exactly. The former house of Jamie."

"Wow... Beautiful..."

"Agree." Darwin looks around and notices a car parked in front of him. "Oh, look, is there your car? The red one!"

"Erm..." Raquelle looks where Darwin points without emotions. "Yup... It's my car... Terrence and Edward went to Michael in mine."

"But why? Does your fiancé have no car?"

"He does, but it's getting repaired now. Well, because Edward didn't use his car, I let them go in mine."

"Alright..."

"Oh, my gosh..." Raquelle sighs heavily, putting her hand on her forehead and then her heart. "What's happening there? What's Michael doing to them now? I'm even afraid to think..."

"Please, Raquelle, calm down," Darwin says softly, caressing Raquelle's shoulder. "I completely understand your feelings, but you must not fall into a strong panic. During the way, you were talking only about it and didn't relax even when I was talking to you about something else."

"I can't get rid of the feeling that everything might end badly," Raquelle confesses in a shaking voice with a heavy breath. "Something tells me that something horrible is happening there. Maybe, someone is trying to kill someone."

"I repeat, Michael will kill nobody until his people bring you to his house. He needs you to make his plan come true. And as those men don't find you at your home and meet only the policemen, your fiancé, soon-to-be brother-in-law, and friend will not be killed."

"What if he changes his mind?"

"Since we've come, we'll start our operation right now," Darwin replies confidently. "Mr. Johnson, a few policemen, and I will bring Jamie to the house and catch the guards of the house. He will go first, and then, when we make sure the way is free, the police will enter the house and get Michael arrested."

"But the guards will not let you in!" Raquelle throws her hands up. "How are you gonna bring Jamie to the house?"

"Don't worry, Raquelle, everything is planned. We are sure our plan would work." Darwin glances at Otto and Andrew standing near the gates, talking about something and laughing loudly. "The most important thing is to go by the guards that are standing near the gates. Michael pulls the wool over people's eyes, saying guards are standing in every corner. Actually, there are only those two from security. Though, our informant said that while your friend was here, two more people came to help them."

"Okay... But what am I gonna do all this time?"

"You will stay in my car. I will ask two colleagues of mine to stand here and make sure that suspicious people don't come to it."