Chapter 27: My Heart Beats For Love

It's a new day. Great Britain. London. It's about one hour o'clock. Today, it has been cloudy since the morning, and heavy rain started and is not probably going to be over at the nearest time. Because she should not go to work today, Alicia decided to stay home and sort out some things in her room. And all this time, the woman does not stop thinking of what's happening in the life of Raquelle and the people in her circle.

"Gosh, why ain't I so quiet?" Alicia thinks, moving her eyes off the things lying on the bed, on which she is sitting. "Every time I think of Raquelle, I think something bad is happening to her or her people in her circle. My presentiments have never betrayed me yet."

Alicia gets up from the bed with a heavy sigh and slowly goes to the window, starting to look at what's behind her room with sadness in her eyes. However, the woman sees nothing but the gray sky, traffic jams, heavy rain, and people literally running home with open umbrellas. And seeing something far is barely possible because all the buildings kind of melt in the air.

"I can't forget the words of Amelia about a threat to Terrence. She's said it several times, and he recently confirmed he got into a bad situation. What if Edward really wants to harm his brother? And everything's hard about their uncle... It seems like that man is too cruel and will be stopped by nothing. And I'm truly surprised Amelia believes Edward might not be the one everybody thinks he is. Yeah, Terrence didn't say that his brother openly spoke about his wish to kill and rob his family. But since he behaved so horribly toward his family, he doesn't have to say anything. Moreover, that guy has lots of reasons to do it..."

Alicia exhales slowly, shaking her head.

"Oh, I don't know... Maybe, I don't just know the story and can't make a final conclusion... I know only Terrence's version, who could really blame Edward for all his sins in anger. Furthermore, I still don't know the secret Natalia has been hiding and the reasons for her breakup with Edward. And it would be amazing if the story of the inheritance and the story of the breakup were connected."

Some time later, Alicia steps back from the window and starts slowly walking in circles in the whole room.

"But yeah, no matter how bad Edward is, I must confess I liked the couple of him and Natalia. I've only seen that guy two times... And one of them happened when Natalia was next to him. Those people did have feelings. Maybe, not quite strong, but they could've been stronger if the guys hadn't broken up. I wonder if these two still love each other. What if they decided to make the people sure that nothing connected them? What if Natalia and Edward got cold for each other and broke up because of that? Maybe, they need to work their relationship out, just like my niece and her fiancé did? A few months later, after the reconciliation, Raquelle and Terrence got happy, and they don't suffer from a lack of attention!"

Alicia stops her eyes on a small picture of the incredible view of a lake and thick wood that is hanging in her room.

"Or maybe, they broke up for the reason! Since Edward betrayed his family, Natalia wouldn't have been happy with that stinker. That girl deserves the best. I wish Amelia was right about Edward having a real reason why he doesn't reject the inheritance. Doesn't he understand he would never get someone's trust and love from those he'd make victims for his goals?"

After walking in the room for some time, Alicia sits on the bed and sighs heavily, stroking down her hair and fixing little hair slides, with which strands on her temples are pinned.

"Please, God, may this story end well," Alicia begs with pity in her eyes. "I want Edward to change his mind and realize that after killing someone, getting someone back is impossible. His uncle to pay for all the evil things to the fullest extent of the law... Terrence to get rid of remorse caused by the actions of the past. Raquelle to get peace and start getting ready for the wedding. Natalia to find the courage to tell her close people her secret and get her own happiness. I want her not to meet such stinkers that would only need her beauty, body, and youth..."