Chapter 20: I Am Not Going To Play Games With You

Edward just arrived at a very big, rich at first sight house. There are many carefully cut green plantings, a huge fountain in the middle of the territory, and a big pool. Still being tense, the man stops his car in front of big gates made of red bricks and looks around for a few seconds with admiration in his eyes, definitely knowing what he needs here and acting like he has been here many times.

At some moment, Edward looks at himself in the rearview mirror, sighs tiredly when seeing the bright bruises on his face, and massages his arms, which still hurt strongly. But then MacClife, Jr., leaves the car, locks it, puts the key in the pocket of his coat, and slowly but confidently goes to the gates of the house. Edward sees two people standing near the gates and not definitely having great intellect, judging their stupid gazes. When they see the man, who is determinedly coming to the house, these quite tough and tall guys frown strongly and get suspicious, not going to let strangers come into the house they are protecting. However, it does not scare MacClife, Jr., and he confidently comes to those, who are a little lower but much wider than he is.

"Howdy," Edward says quietly. "Is your boss home?"

"Good afternoon, why do you need him, and what do you want to ask?" one of the bodyguards asks in a low, disgusting voice. "We were not warned about your visit!"

"Personal," Edward throws coldly. "Did you, brainless morons, forget who I am again?"

"We should not remember everyone that comes to our boss," the second bodyguard replies in the same rude, low voice. "And yeah, we do not advise you to be rude to us. Or we will have to use force."

"Don't throw threats. I know that you would start to wave your fists if someone beat you first."

"Listen, young man, you better leave by your wish," the second demands coldly. "The boss is waiting for nobody today and always warns us when someone should visit him."

"I am his nephew, you, single-celled amoeba!" Edward throws a little louder, crossing his arms over his chest and frowning strongly. "Edward MacClife, if you haven't forgotten my name!"

The first bodyguard looks at Edward better and claps his hands a few seconds later.

"Ah, damn, it's you, MacClife!" the first bodyguard exclaims happily. "Sorry, I didn't recognize you with your haycock on your head. Did you forget to look in the mirror and go outside like this? That's good you at least put on your shabby clothes and didn't go out in your underwear."

The bodyguards start laughing with mockery, while Edward holds himself down with the thought these people could easily strike him down with one hit.

"Don't lose your pants, brainless asshole," Edward throws gloomily. "People might not like your ripped underwear."

"Oh, puppy, you are on a roll today!" the first bodyguard simpers.

"Hey, kid, what's wrong with your face?" the second bodyguard asks, looking at Edward much closer. "Who beat your pretty face so hard that you got lots of bruises?"

"None of your business!" Edward snaps. "Better shut up and let me go to Uncle Michael. I shall find out if he wants to do more dirty things."

"Well, as you came..." the second bodyguard unlocks the gates locked on the key that he always keeps with him. "I think your uncle would be happy with your unexpected visit. Because he loves you so much."

"But I do want that old bastard, who went insane, to die! I'm sick of getting my life poisoned by him!"

Edward goes by the big bodyguards sharply and quickly. But a few moments later, he feels one of them grabs him strongly under an elbow.