The Invitation

Aria's POV

     We got back to the manor and went over the plans for the event, Marco insisted that we take the Jeep and still won't let me drive. I put on a black bodycon dress with silver curtain strands falling at the side of it with a black lace up heels and some mid length diamond earrings.

I put on a black straight neck length wig and grab a silver purse to match with the dress. The dress was way too short to have my dagger strapped to my thigh so I decided to put it in my purse.

   I make my way down the stair only to see Marco's been waiting for me, I see him looking me up and down clearly checking me out

"Why don't you take a picture, it lasts longer" I say as I  reach the end of the stairs

"You are just so full of yourself aren't you?" he rolls his eye, we both make our way to the car and Marco speed away.

"You have your dagger with you?" he asks,  still looking forward to onto the road

"Yea why?"

"It didn't look like you had it on you" he shrugs

" You mean while your eyes were roaming freely around my body? yea no, It's in my purse" I bite back

"I was just checking to see if you look worthy enough to stand beside me"

"Please we both know I'm worthy enough to stand beside anyone giving my history" I brag

"Yea okay" he looks to the side mirror and the at me and then back at the road again.

The rest of the drive where small arguments here and there with Marco, we get out the car and let the valet go park it for us. We make our way inside the elevator which will take us underground to where we need to be.

"You stay by my side until I say otherwise is that clear" he says, staring deeply into my soul.

"Yes captain" I put my hand up to salute him and roll my eyes at him. As we make our way out the elevator, some people started to stare at us and whisper. We get stopped by the security to show us the invitation card and they lead into a special room, it's more different than the main area so I'm guessing VIP?

"Gentlemen, this is Mr Lorenzo and Ms Bella, they are the special guest we've been waiting for" a man stands up says as soon as the guard leaves.

"Please sit, the name is Adam Rossi but you can just call me Rossi". Marco and I sit together at the round table with everyone else, then it hits me that I'm the only woman here.

Rossi begins talking about the new shipments and how much they would sell some of the weapons on the market, another guy starts to talk about how they need more girls to sell as maids on the market to make more money  but then mentions importing them from some holder they take and by that I mean most likely kidnap orphans or girls who have nothing left and are in deep need of money but the way they start talking about them makes me question if they're even getting treated right and that is where I jump in