At a wedding - Day 19

Percy's brother, Bill, was getting married today. It was his special day, and Percy was quite surprised to hear that he had been invited after how distant he's been to his family. Of course, he was glad they did invite him.

Still, Percy was unsure if he wanted to alone. He was scared of what topics might come up, and that his parents would ask him about the ministry. So naturally, he decided to ask his boyfriend to come with him since he got a plus one.

Arriving at the venue, Percy was starting to have second thoughts, simply staring at the people walking into the tent.

Oliver, as usual, noticed this. He felt worried about Percy's relationship with his family. Even though it wasn't any of his business, he wanted his partner to be happy.

The keeper slipped his hand into his. "It's going to be alright, love," He insisted. Percy glanced at him, flashing him a greatful smile.

The redhead took a deep breath. "Okay, let's go," He said firmly as they marched into the venue.

The wedding ceremony went smoothly as they sat far away from the rest of Percy's family and didn't have to talk to them. The after party was a bit more concerning.

He wanted to find a right moment to go congratulate the newly wed pair, so decided he would do it after the wedding meal.

Bill and Fleur cut the cake together and everyone cheered. They heard a couple of people whispering that the bouquet toss was going to happen, and it seems they were right 

Fleur was handed a bouqet of flowers, turning around before tossing it the air to the crowd behind. Some people were trying to catch it, but it seemed like Fleur had some real strength behind her throw.

Unexpectedly, the bouqet looked like it was about to hit Percy in the face, so he hastily caught it, not wanting to get hurt. He blinked as everyone turned around, cheering once more. The redhead blushed, knowing it was a sign that he would be the next to walk down the aisle.

He glanced at Oliver, who was grinning back at him and looked away quickly.

Moments later, they were all feasting on a wonderful meal, and the small talk began.

"I think I'm going to go congratulate them now," Percy whispered to his boyfriend. Oliver nodded.

"I'll come with you, I haven't got the chance to congratulate them either," He replied.

They made their way over to the table where most of their family was sitting, including Percy's parents.

Bill spotted them sauntering over and stood up, hugging his younger brother. "Percy, it's been so long!" He laughed. "I'm glad you and Oliver could make it to my wedding"

"Me too," Percy said. "Congratulations, Bill. You've finally found someone you want to spend your life with!"

"Congratulations from me as well," Oliver chimed in.

"Thank you!" Bill responded happily. He really did look happy.

"How's everything going for you two then?" Bill asked. Percy didn't want to bring up his work at the ministry, and Oliver knew this, so the brown-haired one answered first.

"I joined Puddlemore united's reserve team," The keeper told him. "And we moved into an apartment together a few months ago"

"Happy to hear you're doing well with everything that's going on," Bill chuckled. "So, you're next eh?"

Percy looked at him with a puzzled expression. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"To get engaged and have a wedding of course," Bill explained. "I saw you caught the bouquet"

The couple's faces grew red. "Bill!" He complained. His brother laughed again, ruffling his hair. Percy coudln't help bit smile. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

Perhaps the next time he'd see Bill was at his own wedding.