Apologies - Day 24

Percy had to make it right. That's what he had decided. He was scared of what Oliver would say, but not knowing when it's going to be over has made everything worse again. The redhead wanted to get better, and he wanted his partner to be where through it all. He knew they understood eachother. Oliver wouldn't get mad, right?

After avoiding eachother for pretty much a week, Percy finally found a time to him. A time where he couldn't run away, and when no one paid any attention to them. After Oliver's quidditch practice. The brown-haired gryffindor often stayed after in the locker room to work on strategies for the next match. Percy never went their, but today, he had to. Otherwise, it might be to late to fix. 

So, the prefect snuck into the locker room. His heart almost melted when he saw Oliver sitting on a bench, desperately wanting to come up with a stratege as it seemed. He nearly  backed out because he didn't want to disturb him, but he didn't. 

Percy emerged from his hiding spot behind a road of lockers, taking a deep breath. "Oliver," He managed to rasp out. The keeper glanced over as his eyes widened. He immediately put down the writing block in his hands when he saw the tears falling from his lover's eyes. "I want to talk"

Oliver couldn't bring himself not to listen to what he had to say. Not when he gave him that look. "Then let's talk, my love," He whispered, guiding him to sit down next to him. Oliver was hesitant to use that nickname for him seeing as Percy might not like him anymore, but he couldn't help himself.

Even if the redhead wanted to talk, he didn't know where to start. So they just sat there for a couple of minutes in silence.

Percy sighed, looking down att the floor. "I'm stuggling with myself, Oliver," He whispered. "I have my problems, and I needed someone to talk to. So, every now and then I send letters to my old friends to talk about it. That's why I've been sneaking out"

"And I know that isn't a valid reason to act the way I did that night. I just...I'm so sorry," The prefect apolagized. "I was scared of what you'd say. You're my best friend, Oliver. I didn't want to ruin that"

Percy buried his face in his hands, breathing unevenly as he just sobbed. He felt a pair of arms linger around him, and removed his hands to glance at the boy beside him.

"Percy...I didn't know you struggled like that. I'm sorry," He said. "I'm sorry for ignoring you. I was just feeling hurt that you didn't trust me enough to tell me"

"Of course, you don't have to talk about if you'd rather not. But I'll always be here for you, Perce," Oliver continued. "Do you know why I'll always be here for you?". Percy shook his head.

The quidditch player grinned. "Because I love you," Oliver said cheerily. Percy started tearing up even more as he gradually swung his arms around his roommate. Oliver held him close, drawing circles on his back. "Merlin, I love you so much, Perce. You're my favorite person"

"Oliver...," The redhead whispered. It wasn't much, but it was all he needed to say. "I love you"

"I trust you, and I'll tell you,"  Percy paused. "Just give me some...time, okay?"

Oliver placed a peck on his forehead. "I'll give you as much time as you'd like, love"