Dementor

Oliver and Percy were on their way to Hogwarts for their last year at the school. They would finally be the oldest students there. Some restictions would be set due to a serial killer being on the loose. Sirius Black. Percy's father had told him everything that happened.

"They're sending dementors to guard Hogwarts?" Oliver asked. He had been reading the newspaper. "That's mental. You're the expert, Perce, they're dangerous, aren't they?"

Percy looked up at him from across the compartment. "Yes, they are. Very dangerous at that," He responded. He started to explain the risks of having them there. "But to be fair, there is a murderer on the loose, and he needs to be caught"

"That's right, but couldn't they have come up with another idea?" Oliver sighed, putting the newspaper aside.

"What would you have done?"

Oliver chuckled. "I don't know," He admitted. "I don't work at the Ministry"

"I just think it's a bit unfair. I mean, they'll be right outside the school grounds. It kind of feels like a prison," He continued.

"Well, they are supposed to guard prisons," Percy said. "But I do get your point. Morality is definitely taking a hit this year"

The quidditch player shivered. "I hope not. This is the last chance to win the quidditch cup," He sunk into his seat. "I need everyone to be in their best mood for that to happen"

The prefect smiled at him. "Don't worry, In the end, I'm sure you'll figure something out. You always do," He encouraged him.

"You always know what to say, don't you?" Oliver grinned. Percy shrugged.

All of a sudden, the lights went out, and the train started to slow down. They looked at each other for a moment before gazing out the window.

"What's going on?" Oliver whispered. The windows started freezing, and shadow figures outside were floating around. But soon, they realized that that it weren't actually shadows when
one flew just outside the window.

"Dementors?" Percy asked out loud. "They shouldn't be here". It seemed to be really cold outside. They could barely look out the window.

"When did it get so cold?" Oliver said. A scream was heard from outside their compartment. The keeper stood up, approaching the sliding door and opening it. He peeked outside. No one was there. He guessed the scream came from someone elses compartment.

Oliver's eyes widened when a dementor appeared at the end of the hallway, and then another one. Percy pulled him back inside the compartment, the door slid shut afterwards. They sat back down. Beside one another this time.

Another scream. Both of them stared at the door in panic. A dementor passed by. Oliver pulled his boyfriend closer. If they kept quiet, none of them would come inside, right? Percy was worried about his siblings. In the end, all of the dementors passed by their compartment without entering. 

Or so, they thought. Percy thought it was over, and got up to check on his siblings. But just then, another dementor suddenly showed up. He was frozen in his tracts, carefully retracting his hand from the door quietly. But the dementor turned to the door, floating closer. Oliver's instincts took over, and he reached out, grabbing his partner's wrist, pulling him away. 

The dementor opened the compartment, and a ice cold gust of wind hit them. A moment before the dementor reached them, both of them shared a look, bringing out their wands. They pointed their wands at the dementor.

"Expecto Patronum!" They shouted an incantation, casting a white vapour, silvery-white shapes of two animals warded the dementor off. A doe and a stag. As soon as it was gone, they looked at each other. Percy cupped his boyfriend's face before kissing him on the lips.

He pulled away, leaving Oliver breathless. "I'm going to see if my siblings are alright," Percy told him, giving him one last kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back"

And so, he left. The quidditch player stood there, shocked by Percy's boldness.