How Oliver fell in love - Day 26

The answer to how long Oliver Wood has liked Percy Weasley is a simple question. At least, that's what he says. Whenever they have to tell someone when they started have feelings for one another, the quidditch player tells them that he always liked him. From the very moment he'd spotted the younger Percy in the crowd of first-years as he stepped forward to get sorted into a Hogwarts house, he fell. At first it might have been a mere crush, but after they spoke to eachother, became roommates, best friends and so on, he realized that it was love. 

Just hearing the redhead's voice for the first time, that squeaky gentle voice, his heart raced. But the moment Oliver really knew he was in love. Well, that was pretty simple as well. 

It was during their fourth year when Gryffindor was having its final quidditch match for the semester. It was crucial that they won, since it would most likely determine if they would win the house cup. Oliver was so focused on the match that he hadn't noticed the Percy arriving at the pitch to watch. He knew he had asked him if he could come, but he didn't expect his roommate to actually listen. Percy had never been to a quidditch match before, he never had time and he had no interest in it, but still, he was there.

In the end, they won. It was an incredible feeling. The entire team cheered loudly as they touched back down on the grass. Oliver searched the stands for his friends, but instead caught the eye of Percy. His jaw almost dropped to the ground when he saw. Percy Weasley was there. As the Gryffindor team were chatting about the celebration, Oliver's eyes were only on his best friend. 

The brown-haired Gryffindor excused himself and ran over to the stands, rushing through the people cheering to finally reach him. "Perce, what are you doing here?" He asked, still surprised. Percy looked up at him, smiling.

"To cheer you on, of course. You asked me to, after all," He explained, getting up. Before Oliver could say anything else, the redhead gave him a hug. "Congratulations"

The keeper stood there stunned for a moment  His heart was beating rapidly and his head was spinning. Percy was cheering me on...

It was such a small gesture, but it was at that very moment that Oliver knew; that Percy Weasley was the only one for him. It brought tears to his eyes, because he was so relieved to finally accept it.

"Oliver, why are you crying?! Are you okay?" Percy asked worriedly, reaching out to cup his cheek to see if he was ingured.

Oliver laughed, wrapping his arms around him. "I'm just glad you're here," He whispered.