He is back

The dark lord was back. Percy had seen it with his own eyes when him and the rest of the workers returned to the ministry that day. They said he wasn't back, and he believed them. The ministry was wrong. He was wrong. He shouldn't have been so naive.

His parents were right. He shouldn't have doubted them. Voldemort was back, and he was terrifying. The minister must have gotten so embarrassed about being wrong to the point where he decided to resign. Maybe Percy should do the same. Now that the truth is out.

Someone knocked on his office door. Percy opened it anxiously. Oliver was standing outside his door, immediately giving him a hug when he saw him. Percy hugged him back. He had sent him a message on the strange muggle phone his friend had gifted him for Christmas about what happened.

"Are you okay, Perce?" His partner asked, checking for any obvious injuries. The redhead nodded, taking his hand.

"You were right. They were right. He's back," Percy whispered. Oliver squeezed his hand in reassurance. "I'm sorry—I should have believed all of you". He had been living in denial.

"Hey, it's okay," Oliver told him, brushing a strand of hair behind his boyfriends ear. "Now we know for sure that you-know-who is back"

"I...I'll join the Order, and I'll help. It's the least I can do," Percy insisted. Oliver nodded before he pulled him closer by the waist. "I just can't believe that Voldemort is back..."

"Well, since he's back. Then it's only reasonable to assume he is stronger than before. So all of us need to work together to take him down once and for all," Oliver said. Percy nodded. "And after all this is over, we can move in together without any worries"

Percy chuckled. "Okay," He whispered. "And then what?"

Oliver grinned. "And then we'll get married and live happily ever after," He laughed.

"How cliché," Percy replied, kissing him on the lips. "I like that idea"

"But what if we're unsucessful? Just like you said, Voldemort is stronger now. How can he be taken down?" Percy sighed, resting his head on the other's shoulder.

Oliver sighed as well. "I understand what you mean, Perce. It's going to be tough, and there will certainly be losses," He started. "But we have to remain hopeful. We need to think about the future. Not just the wizards future, but the muggles too"

"You're right, I know you are," Percy agreed. "I'll quit working at the ministry as well. There’s no time for that"

"Are you sure?" Oliver asked, worried. "I know working here was your dream ever since we were children". He gestured to their surroundings.

The redhead nodded. "I want to fight, with you, and everyone else," He told him, his voice more firm than ever. "Besides, this place wasn't as great as I thought it would be, and being an assistant isn't really what I wanted anyway"

"Alright," Oliver replied. "I'll take you to the Order's hideout so you can get filled in about their plans"

"Do you think they'll trust me?" Percy questioned. "I've worked with the ministry from the very beginning. What if they think I'm a spy?"

"No way they'd think that, I'll vouch for you if that happens, of course. They can't afford to reject help anyway," Oliver reassured him. "Come on, let's go"