A Death

Percy felt like he had broken, and that nothing could heal him after seeing his brother, Fred, in his last dying moments. He made a joke, something he'd never done before, and made him laugh. Despite his annoying behavior, Percy was going to miss him. His laugh, his happiness.

The redhead just cried, and cried, and cried. He couldn't stop. The rest of his family couldn't stop either. George especially. After all, he had lost his twin, his best friend.

It was his fault, wasn't it? If he didn't side with the ministry— he could have been there to save him, or protect him. That's what an older brother should do. But he wasn't there.

Percy wished he'd been there. That he  was there to exchange his life instead of him. The rest of his family didn't say anything, but he knew they blamed him. That's at least what he thought.

"Percy," Angelina whispered, crying her heart out over her dead friends. Fred was one of her closest friends too. "I'm so sorry"

His head was aching, his head was spinning, the voices around him faded. Percy felt like he was going to pass out at any moment. The guilt was comsuming him. The shame. Everything.

He just wanted to dissapear. He was selfish. Percy wanted to be held, comforted. He wanted to be told that it wasn't his fault, even if it was. That thoughts only made the tears grow stronger.

"This can't be happening," The redhead sobbed. "Oliver...please. Where is he?"

He heard the faint voice of Angelina calling the quidditch player over, and swift steps coming closer from behind. Before he knew it, a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around him. Percy held onto him, afraid that ir he'd let go he would walk away.

"I'm here, love," Oliver reassured him with a shaky voice. Fred was a dear friend to him as well. "It'll be alright, I promise"

"Oliver...," Percy mumbled. That's all he could say, but Oliver understood it.

"Come here, let's move away for a minute. Take some deep breaths," The brown-haired one told him, carefully helping him get up and guiding him over to a bench.

Oliver held him, caressing his cheek to remove the tears. "Darling, look at me," He whispered. Percy did, teary-eyed."I know what you're thinking, and it's not true. You're not the reason this happened"

"If I had—," Percy paused. "I shouldn't have joined the ministry. It's my fault. It should have been me"

Oliver shook his head. "No, please don't say that, Perce," He said weakly, tears falling from his eyes now. "It shouldn't have been you. I can't imagine if it was you, so don't"

Percy stared at his partner, who suddenly hugged him close and cried. "Oliver, I'm sorry," He apologized, burying his face in the crook of his neck. "It's to much right now"

"For gods sake, I love you so much, Percy. I love you. You know that right?" Oliver said. "So does your family"

Percy nodded. "I know. I love you too. Did you hear me, Oliver? I love you," He sobbed.