Perfect

Some may call them star-crossed lovers. There is no doubt that they were meant to be. Percy and Oliver, they were perfect.

But alas, not everything works out no matter how perfect it is. These two lovers would never be accepted. Their families would keep them apart, society would keep them apart. It wasn't fair, but they could do nothing.

The eyes on them at school, the whispers and rumors ringed in their ears throughout the entire day. They were being called slurs, and were being pushed around.

The only thing they had, were eachother. But they could not be with one another. Percy's family would forbid them from speaking, lecturing him on how to live a happy and succesful life. Oliver's family wasn't even aware of their relationship. He knew they would kick him out without a second thought if he did tell them.

No matter how much they fought, it would be impossible. They were scared. Of course they were. No one saw them as they did before, and everyone cut their ties with them.

In the end, they could not bear the pain. The pain of being seperated, not respected, or loved by anyone other than the other.

A beautiful night, a new years night. One where they would never be gone from eachother again. Summer rain poured from the sky, droplets falling from their faces as they hugged eachother.

They were two boys that loved eachother. Two boys drowning in sadness. Two boys who were smiling. Oh how they wished it could be like this all of the time.

Thus, the summer rain on their faces were not water, but tears. They were not sad tears. They were happy ones. After so long apart, they had been reunited for the last time.

Oliver held his partner's hand, and they laid down on the ground. Fingers interwined, minds wandering off, and staring off into the dark sky. Such stunning stars. Percy had once thought about what it would be like to be one. Freedom, that's what he hoped it felt like.

If no one was going to save them, they have to. So here they were. Star-crossed lovers, sitting on the train tracks, holding hands and waiting for the hurt to end. And there they would stay until they no longer felt an ache in their hearts.

They were perfect, but it wasn't enough.

Light crept up from behind them. They took their last breaths, longing for freedom.

Then they were two boys. Two boys who loved eachother.

Two boys who smiled.

Two boys who were happy.