Talk to Me

Percy Weasley had done something incredibly stupid. Something so wrong. He didn't know why he had said it. Maybe it was a thing that just slipped out in the heat of the moment. He hated Oliver being angry with him. They didn't fight often, and not over pretty matters. The quidditch player always said they shouldn't start a fight over anything small. Not over something like this.

Now, Oliver wouldn't talk to him. If course he wouldn't. Percy wouldn't either if he were him.

He had every right to be mad. Besides, Percy was the one who told Oliver that it would be best for them to cut eachother out of their lives. The keeper obviously was surprised hearing him say this, thinking it was some ridiculous joke. But Percy wasn't one to joke around.

The prefect had made a mistake. He thought he could go through with this, that he could handle not talking or looking at Oliver for the rest of his life—but no. Looking back at it, he could never believe he ever thought that would be possible.

Ever since their last conversation, Oliver changed. He quit quidditch, which shocked everyone. They needed him, and the keeper loved quidditch. But he had stopped becauase of how depressed he was feeling. It made the redhead's heart sting. He had done this to him.

Futhermore, he had started hanging out in the library. On this day, Percy couldn't handle the guilt any longer, so he went straight to the library to find his roommate.

He found him immediately, by a shelf containing books abiut quidditch. Some things never changed.

Percy clenched his fists nervously as he walked up to him. "Oliver," He called out. The brown-haired gryffindor ignored him. "Talk to me. Please"

"I'm so sorry. I don't know why I said it, because I obviously didn't mean it," Percy continued. "What I did was unacceptable, and something you shouldn't say to your partner. It was wrong"

Oliver still said nothing. Tears fell from the prefect's eyes as he bowed his head a bit. "I promise I'll make it up to you. I'll do my best to be a better boyfriend to you, because you deserve it," He exclaimed, gritting his teeth. "I will show you how sorry I truly am"

Percy whipped around, ready to walk away. But before he could take another step, he felt a hand seize his wrist. The redhead turned around in surprise.

"If you want to make it up to me, then don't leave again," The quidditch captain said quietly. "I missed you, you know"

Percy wiped his tears, stepping closer to him. "You're right, of course I'm staying," He insisted. "And...I missed you too"

Seeing Oliver's smile lit up his world again. It would take some time to move past what happened, but both of them were confident that they would.

They held hands again. Together they could get through this. "You should start playing quidditch again. The team is really missing you. Apparently the new keeper is barely half as good as you are," Percy said. Oliver grinned.

"Yeah, I will," Oliver agreed. "But right now...I think I just want to hold you in my arms"

The prefect glanced at him. "Then hold me," He replied. So, Oliver did. He held him until nightfall, when they were rushed back to their dorms for the curfew.