Hanahaki Disease Au

Hanahaki Disease. It was a disease born from unrequited love. This disease causes flowers to grow in the patients lungs due to a one-sided love. The patient will cough and vomit up flower petals. If these flower's don't get removed, if they glow large enough, they will eventually render breathing impossible. The disease could prove fatal. The only way to cure the patient is through surgery or if the love is returned. Percy had read about the topic a while back, only he could have never believed he would catch the sickness. It was such a cruel ilness, one laced with anguish and heartache. He refused to have surgery because of the cost. The consequence of having to forget that he ever had feelings for Oliver. The prefect would rather succumb to the illness then lose his love for the quidditch player. 

This is precisely what he would do, and what is happening. Every time he coughed up those drat flower petals, one flower closer to death. The burning sensation in his throat when he coughed up the petals. Percy would die soon. It felt strange knowing he was so close to death. He never imagined he would die this way. Everything aside, it was nice knowing he'd meet his end in the room next to the one he fell in love with. This bathroom. The cold floor, now covered in petals and blood. His blood. Percy always thought suffocating would be an awful way to die. But it wasn't as bad as he'd believed it to be. Yes, it was excrutiating not being able to breath, and yet, he felt at peace. Perhaps it was normal to feel that way when you're on your deathbed. 

The prefect coughed up a whole flower this time. A white moonflower. It made his body ache unimaginably. A sign, a symbol of soul growth and personality. He sighed, lying his head down to meet the red tiles. He was thinking about how it was an unlucky flower. A poisonous one. Percy remembered reading about the flower in a book. It was such a painful flower. One that could bring blurred vision, disorientation hallucinations. That was just from the top of his head. He did not feel like crying. If truth be told, he didn't feel anything. He was numb. 

"Perce, are you alright in there?" He heard Oliver's faint voice call out. He coughed up another one. Hearing his voice was the only thing that brought tears to his eyes. Oh how he wanted to answer him. To tell him that he was okay, and to finally confess his feelings without fear of rejection because he was going to die either way. But it was too late. It was like his voice had dissapeared, he couldn't speak even if he wanted to. Percy was weak. He could barely move. "I'm getting worried, Percy. Open the door"

He couldn't. He opened his eyes for the last time. This pool of blood, it was so much. Percy could not imagine the look on Oliver's face when he got the door open. Though he couldn't hear all that clearly, he could glimpse the keeper's feet desperately shuffling around on the other side of the door. It was because of Oliver that he became like this, but the redhead wasn't angry. Instead, he was glad. The prefect was happy that his best friend was there. Percy coughed one more moonflower along with another drench of blood. Even if he couldn't wish for anything more than being able to see his roommate one last time, he knew this was for the best. 

The last thing he Percy saw the door slowly sliding open. It felt like time had slowed down. He'd heard about that happening when someone was close do death. He didn't even get to see him before his eyes shut again. Percy Weasley was gone, it was as if his memories, his life and his love never existed. 

He refused to have the surgery afraid to forget his feelings for Oliver, and yet, he ended up never having them at all.