Chapter 5 - Ellie

I walk out of Flynn's office on cloud nine. I didn't expect him to ask me for a pitch; I didn't expect much from him besides managing his appointments and fetching his coffees. But I can't help to feel the excitement bubble within me. He's given me a slight chance to show him what I can do, and I'm not going to let Flynn or myself down.

My day flies by with Tina.

She shows me everything I need to know by giving me a small low down on Flynn. I bite my lip.

"So that is pretty much it!" She says as she plops down on her chair. "I'm sure you will find this experience very enlightening." she chuckles.

I wring my hands together. "Why do I feel like I'm missing something?" I reply as I wait for my pulse to calm down.

"Listen, Honey; I'm not going to sugarcoat it; he blows through assistants like people blow through toilet paper. Mr Stone is a great guy but rough around the edges. Tough, but why wouldn't he be? he worked his butt off to be where he is; believe it or not, Mr Stone didn't come from money, his parents came from a small town, and he wanted something bigger, I guess. But you'll learn more about him; just don't be surprised by the way everyone tiptoes around him, scared to poke the bear, but as long as you do what he asks, you'll be fine." she shrugs.

"Do you tiptoe around him?" I ask as I gnaw on my bottom lip.

"Me?" Tina laughs deeply. "No sugar, he's the same age as my grandson, a little cub, and I've been here from the beginning; Mr Stone is good to me."

I nod, but I can't help but feel the nerves bubble in my stomach. Flynn has yet to ask me for anything today, and I'm unsure if it's because I'm with Tina or because he wants to be left alone. Either way, I don't disturb him.

I set up my desk, which is right in front of his office doors and started going through the emails forwarded to me by Tina and Flynn.

I accept the calendar invitation for his meeting with Frankie Kincaid and start running some ideas through my mind. I only have a few days to give him something that will impress him.

An email pings, and I see the subject.

My office now.

I smooth my hands down my outfit and enter his office.

He isn't alone. My eyes scan the man seated with him. He couldn't be older than forty-five, maybe fifty at the most, his pepper grey hair perfectly styled. He reminds me of George Clooney.

"Ellie, this is Martin Mills. He is one of our sponsors."

I nod and approach him. Extending my hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr Mills; I'm Ellie, Mr Stones's assistant."

"It's Flynn," Flynn says sharply, and Mr Mills looks his way, a grin pulling at his features. He's handsome for an older man.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ellie," Martin says as he shakes my hand.

"Was there anything you needed?" I ask Flynn.

His eyes study me momentarily, and I stop breathing, his gaze hot. I need to get a grip.

Please put another meeting in my calendar for next Tuesday at Tahoe on fifth. Martin and I will be meeting a client."

"Not a problem. I will do this right now," I say as I slowly turn towards the door.

"Please let me know if you require me for anything further. It was a pleasure to meet you, Mr Mills."

"The pleasure was all mine." He replies with a warm smile; I scurry out of Flynn's office like it was on fire and pray I can continue to speak coherently around him because I lose my breath every time he looks my way.

Loving Flynn (Cali/New York Men Series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें