Chapter 12 - Ellie

Ava and I sit and sip our coffee at the cafe down the street from my apartment. She decided to spend the day yesterday with her family, so we didn't get to catch up, and with work looming over me tomorrow and her leaving tonight to go back to California, this is much needed.

"Okay, I've sat here quietly for long enough.How was it? How big was it? Will there be a repeat, and are you in love with him?"

"Okay, wow, just going right in there; we've only been here-" I check my watch. "Four minutes."

"I don't have time to fuck around", she shrugs and I laugh out loud.

"Okay, it was -"  I try to find the right words.

"By the look on your face and how you're biting your lip, I will assume it was unbelievable."

I only nod in response. "He was just so -" Again I'm stumped for words

"Alrighty then. Did he hit your head against the headboard a few too many times? You can't even form words, Ellie."

I laugh again, and I can feel my cheeks heat.

"Flynn was so sweet and caring, but then he was in control, you know? My heart felt like it exploded in the best way. I've had a crush on him, but to have him is another thing entirely. I don't think I've completely wrapped my head around it."

"Well, I'm happy for you. A little jealous that you're getting such good dick, and all I'm getting is buried in million-dollar contracts for hockey players I can't stand." She winks, but the pull to her brows tells me she's stressed.

I reach my hand out and grab hers. "Are you okay? You know you can always move in with me if you need a break from California. I'd love to have you!"

She gives me a sympathetic smile. "Thanks, Ellie belly, but I'm okay, just working on my own right now, and our team is sucking hard, which means new players, more contracts, and more ass kissing all for a job I freaking hate If I could come and stay with you, I would, but if my spidey sex senses are correct, you won't want me around since you'll probably be getting railed into next year." My cheeks heat again. God, I hope so.

"Why don't you look for a job somewhere else? Surely another sport needs a manager of administration."

"I've thought about it, but the money is too good to walk away from. Plus, I need a little more exposure; once I have it, I'll leave. I can't stand all the cocky players thinking they're gods gift."

Frankie springs to mind, but in the opposite way because he's a sweetheart.

"Not all of them are like that. I have a client. Well, Flynn does. His name is Frankie Kincaid, and he's lovely. You two should meet!"

"Yeah, no, I'll pass, but thanks."

"Come on, you might like him, and as you said, you need to get some."

"I didn't say that." She protests.

"Yeah, but you said your sex life has been lacklustre."

"It has, but I'm not remedying that by sleeping with some hockey player; even if you think he's sweet, he's probably not, and I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a stick."

I roll my eyes but laugh. "Gosh your overdramatic."

"But you love me," she replies.

"But I love you." I concur.

"Anyway, back to you; what will you do in the office?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're fucking the companies owner. Are you going to make it known or ?"